Wish me luck...

flutterby

Fly away!
...waking difficult child 2 today.

He didn't get up yesterday until after 1pm. I wasn't planning on sending him to school because of an injury - he went to the doctor instead (torn muscle between the ribs and possible fracture - was getting to agitated to wait for the x-ray and they don't do anything for it anyway).

Anyway, he was out by 7pm last night. I woke him at 7:45 to give him his medications and he thought it was morning. I had to hand him his drink and take it from him. He did rouse around enough to call his girlfriend, but I'd bet money he doesn't remember half of the conversation. He ate and fell asleep sitting up. He's in the same position.

He started Seroquel in addition to Zyprexa Satruday night.

Wish me luck.

A

ATaLOSS

Good luck! Waking even my easy child for years on end was difficult to say the least - many times thought he was a difficult child because he was combative and mean until he finally came to! LOL - Add an injury and medications..... wow. Crossing my fingers for you!

flutterby

Fly away!
Ugh. My easy child was horrible to wake, too. difficult child gets herself up and always has. difficult child 2 is way easier for me to wake than it is his mom. He's actually eating cereal as we speak, but he's in definite slow motion. I'm sure he'll be sleeping through school. Sigh....

gcvmom

Here we go again!
How did his day go, Heather?

I had to pick difficult child 2 up from school this morning because he was sleeping in class and his 2nd per. teacher sent him to the office. He came home around 11:15am and has been asleep going on 3.5+ hours.

flutterby

Fly away!
He called me at lunch (used the school phone so he wouldn't get in trouble for having his cell phone...bonus point +1) to tell me he had a ride home, so I wouldn't need to pick him up. He sounded half-asleep.

At 4pm, he wasn't home and didn't answer his cell. I called his mom and he wasn't there. She texted him and he called me. He thought he told me that he was going to hang with the kid that was giving him a ride, but he didn't. Then said he'd be home in an hour or two. I think I just now hear a car in my drive.

He has an 8pm curfew per probation.

Other than that, he seems to have made it. He just makes me tired.

crazymama30

Hugs to you and difficult child 2. He seems to be trying, and he should get double points for that in my humble opinion. You have the patience of a saint, and a heart of gold.

flutterby

Fly away!
You're too kind, CM.

Actually, I'm too damned tired to be anything other than patient. Anything else would require too much energy.

crazymama30

Flutter, I am definately not too kind, but for sure hands down way too honest.

I have 2 difficult child's in my house (I include husband in that, he has more than earned the title) and it is so draining. I cannot imagine having a teen boy difficult child (yes, I know, I am almost there) and a teen girl difficult child. I think all teen girl's are difficult child's by default!~