Wish me luck

Lothlorien

New psychiatrist appointment today. Still can't get an appointment with her other one until the end of April.

Switching medications to Lamictal. I hope this psychiatrist agrees, since everyone else was on board with it.

Had her at the orthodontist this week. Lordy, we need to go to an oral surgeon. She has several impacted adult teeth and needs 7 baby teeth removed (did you see that? 7!!!!). Two are almost there and won't need surgery, but there are five others that there is real concern, because it looks like the roots are attached to the jaw bone. There aren't enough drugs on this earth to keep me sane while she will go through that. She becomes Hyde while on any sedatives. Can't do anything with the crooked teeth until the baby teeth are out. PRAY FOR MY SANITY!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I would definately find a oral surgeon that does duel drugs - ones for her and ones for you. Somehow difficult child's and dentists are never a good mesh.

Fingers crossed

Marcie

DDD

Good Grief! You most definitely can count on my supportive thoughts and prayers. What a darn nightmre for both of you. Many hugs. DDD

My cousin who was developmentally delayed used to be assleep when any dental work was done. Is there a special plan for her? Is the surgeon experienced with special needs kids? Fingers crossed.

slsh

member since 1999
Boy oh boy - when it rains, it pours. Sending up many good thoughts for you!!!

Can you talk with- the anesthesiologist beforehand and see if there are any other options for her sedation? Maybe something that might not precipitate Mr. Hyde? This will be done in the hospital setting, right?

Hang in there!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have had to have a lot of dental surgery, and if it's any more complicated than a root canal, I request general anaesthesia. I have a different reason - I have built up a tolerance to novocain - but maybe this would help?

Pretzeling for you, hon. I do understand. And tooth pain is like nothing else.

Lothlorien

She doesn't have any pain, fortunately. I have the consult with him next week. He specializes in children. Believe me, we will discuss all of the options!

Lamictal will be started today. I have no idea how long it will take to see a difference with the mood stabilization, but it can't come soon enough. She's been fine today, as fine as can be. psychiatrist was on board with it all, so she gave us the Lamictal and we made an appointment for four weeks (sheesh - I even got a follow up appointment before the orig. psychiatrist was supposed to see her. How pathetic is that?)