wish me luck

Jena

tmrw i go for my mri. the free place called me a few days ago and scheduled it so i lucked out.

they won't do two in one day. so tmrw is the brain mri and than if doctor wants another i'll go back for the cervical one another date.

i'm hoping i don't have to fight difficult child too badly in the a.m. ms. thing may have to go in her pj's to the mri place :)

so yea i'm scared, a total baby, i tend to be claustrophobic. i beat most of it. yet i've never done an mri before. i was going to bring my ipod yet husband said no metal jerky!! :)

so i have my mental work downpat while i'm in there
they said 15 min!? i was like thats' great. yet the other place said 30. somebody's bsing me! :)

InsaneCdn

Good luck!

It will go well. K1 had an mri a couple years back - not head, but full-body scan (for skeletal issues) - had to take injection 2 hrs ahead, then the scan - and that was still just 15 mins or so... Some places tell you the "total" time (time to change, wait, etc.) rather than just "machine" time - 15 mins in machine is probably about right.

Andy

Good luck Jena!

Close your eyes and relax - take a break from reality. Look at this as your personal time out from all the stresses in your life.

Replay a relaxing time in your life or a scene that you would like to be at such as a quiet beach in the tropics.

Your chance at peace and quiet for atleast 15 minutes. No phone calls, no kids begging for you attention! This is paradise!

:)

(Tommorrow I am having a pelvic ultra sound and an endoscopic biopsy. It has been a long week with oral surgery on Tuesday that I am still recovering from.)

Last edited:

InsaneCdn

The injection was radioactive stuff that is absorbed by the bone at a certain rate - has a very short half-life, which is the reason for precise timing. It makes the bone details show up more - you're not doing bone, so you don't have to worry about it!

DammitJanet

you are a better woman than I and also obviously smaller if they can do you in the tube. I dont fit in the tube and have to do an open mri and I still cant do one. The only mri that I have willingly done is for my knee and that is easy because its on the open machine and its only my lower body. I attempted to do one on my brain, neck and upper spine about a year after I did my knee thinking I had conquered my fears...HA! Even with 20 mgs of valium that the doctor had given me, plus the extra ativan and klonipan that I had at home and took, plus two vicoden that I had for pain that I took to just attempt to help things along...I was still alive and kicking. I managed to walk in the room, get the gown on and lay on the table but as soon as they strapped my head into the thingy and the machine started to lower and it slightly touched my belly, I screamed bloody murder that I had to pee immediately and I raced to the rest room and put my clothes back on and ran out of there and told them there was nothing that machine could tell me I cared to know. I never went back.

Now I am aware that they did do an mri to me while I was in my coma so I hope they did everything they wanted to get done because unless they put me under again, I wont have another one done.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Best of luck - I hope it goes well.

I usually take xanax if I'm going into the tube. And whichever body part they are imaging, without fail, feels like twitching everytime! They said that's normal.

You will be fine. Fifteen to thirty minutes is cake. Let us know how it went and the outcome.

Jena

HI!

didn't use my outdated xanax, just went in the tunnel. I didn't have my entire body in, about half because today was the brain mri. the woman was really nice and i had her put on meditation music for me to help calm me. Yet it was soo loud. they put a mask over my face that added to the fun with bars on it. it took about 20 minutes.

i'm anxious to learn the results they were all far too nice to me after so i'm a bit concerned. after the mri their attitudes went from regular to let's jump through hoops to be nice to her. the woman from the front desk even came in and said wow your amazing you did such a great job and stayed so still you are soo not claustrophobic anymore. difficult child sat in the waiting room.

i got there they wanted to inject me with metal. i said yea no we're doing it without contrast it'll have to be good enough for him.

the last 3 min were the worst it was so loud and the table shook all over the place. i looked at my beautiful brain pictures and there is stuff all over my brain apparentley. dots and all sorts of junk. so i left and said to the girl sooo see anything i should be concerned about besides some lesions? she just put her head down and said the dr will call you later i'm rushing them over.

yes i could def. be a difficult child right now and reading into it. we'll c. funny now i need the xanax!

on the way to the mri i had to fight with-difficult children school who doesn't want to allow her to attend the dance tonight. so i had a long talk with the principal and he's getting back to me. i plead my case the best i could.

now were' off to her 2 hour testing where i get to sit in a basement and wait.

from what i can see in comparison mri's of brains with acute ms it pretty much looks the same.

i'll update later on

thanks guys for the support as always :)

andy good luck trmw. feel better sweetie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Wished I'd seen this earlier ~ I'm infamous for falling asleep during a MRI. I've got it down to a science with mediation & using the rhythm of the machine to relax myself. I always keep a cool rag over my eyes.

My last MRI they had to bring in the doctor to check on me as I was so sound asleep (no medications).

Andy

Timer, I am such a facebook addict that I was looking for the "Like" button to click on your response! :)

And Jena, you did GREAT!!! I am proud of you!

Looking forward to the school's response for the dance!