Wish me luck

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by tiredmommy, Jul 10, 2012.

1. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

I'm going back to Weight Watchers today because I desperately need to lose weight.
  2. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Yay! I wish we could go to meetings together! Best of luck, you will do wonderful! I've lost 11 lbs so far and a few inches! The new program makes it so simple to follow!
  3. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

You can also do it online too TM. easy child loved it online. :)

Good for you for taking care of yourself and doing something for you!

4. buddy

buddy New Member

Good luck. I have many to go but it feels good to even lose a little. Heck, my first 8 saw my blood pressure go way down. Wishing you lots of success!
  5. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

How was the meeting, TM?
  6. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hope your first meeting back went well! Good luck with "getting back with it".

Seven weeks ago I did the same thing. But rather than go the WW route again, I chose a local company that is a gym and health center run by two doctors. You go by 10-week increments and then do continuation when you reach your goal. Both of my kids have joined the "gym only" part and I've joined the 10-week program which includes a weekly 90 minute lecture, individual health assessments at the beginning and end of the 10 weeks (that included cardio health tests, blood draws, etc.), a personalized program by one of the docs that includes your workout program, daily caloric intake, etc., a minimum of three weekly fitness classes that include cardio and strength training, and nutritionalists who help teach you eat to fuel the body efficiently (based on keeping metobolic syndromes at a minimum-heck, they will even take you on field trips to the grocery store to teach you how to read lables and such) and I have already lost 27 pounds! It's amazing.

Good luck TM!

7. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Best of luck..........that's a great decision. DDD
  8. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Good luck TM!

I've never really been the kind of person that dieted, though I do care about my weight - and sometimes it was more than I wished, sometimes less. Right now, of course, I'm ignoring it unless the OB tells me otherwise. Since I don't eat a TON of stuff, I should be OK.

on the other hand, stress makes me eat (or sometimes not eat, weirdly enough). And you've been under enough stress lately to sink a battleship. So go, enjoy the support - and keep us updated!!!
  9. Jody

Jody Active Member

good luck, hope it went well. I need to lose too. I lose it then gain it back. Ugh. I am going to keep fighting it though. Good job getting motivated to get out there a do something about it.