wish me luck

prayerful

I am going to meet with the school today to fine out the out come of this situation i am praying that things work out for the good , but as of now i will not nothing until after the meeting .
I am so nervous :tissue: i don't know just pray that things will work and that whatever is decided is the best for my son .

I am glad that i know his rights and what the school is allowed to do because if i didn't things would be really missed up . well i am also going to his doctors office today and talk to her and back alot of request she is going to hate to see me coming like the people at the school . My only worry is that i am a very emotional person i hope that i will be able to hold back my feelings and just focus on the matter at hand. i don't know i just believe that god going to work it out and what ever is his will . :angel: !

LittleDudesMom

:warrior: Here's what we send every parent off in when they are meeting with their difficult child's school :warrior:

Stay calm and remove the emotion. Getting the most from school is a matter of facts, law and persistance - if you allow your emotion to get the best of you, it could be perceived as weakness. Stay strong and let us know how it comes out.

Sharon

prayerful

i would like to thankyou and everyone else who had my best intrest at heart it means alot to me . :smile: things are going better than i thought they would the school has requested he stay for couseling 2 or 3 times a week with school couselor and he will be going to his psdoc to get evaluation on the 24th .

And i start the process of the iep for him question <u>What is the </u><u>difference in iep and idea? </u>. have to read over the papers the school gave me on that in order to better understand ! And he has a appointment with a behavior speacilist the 1st week in nov! this is a hard job being mom & wifey over worked and underpaid.

:smile: (lol)he will be able to return to school on the 30th he is lucky because it could have turned out worst than that! if any one have any ideas or suggestions for please feel free to tell me . once again thankyou .

SnowAngel

you can find some helpful info in the Special Education archives on the forum page. They have info on the IDEA, IEP and 504 plan. Glad everything is working out for you.

They say if a mom/wife got paid for all her jobs she would definately be the bread winner in the home. Do you think we have that many jobs? My resume would look so good: Cook, housekeeper, secretary, shuttle driver, personal assistant, handyman, caretaker, nurse, bookkeeper, finance manager..etc..the list is never ending. :rofl:

LittleDudesMom

I glad things worked out well. IDEA stands for Individuals with Disabilities Education Act - it is a series of regulations (law) that govern the needs of children with disabilities ranging from learning disabilities to physical disabilities. An IEP is an Individual Education Plan which is put in place only when children are tested and found to qualify for special services. There is a set of criteria that must be met before a child qualifies for an IEP under IDEA.

I suggest you go over to our Special Education Board, do some reading and read the archives. Bookmark some of the information for later reading. At first it will appear complicated, but Martie and Sheila, the Special Education board mods, are knowledgable and can help you navigate and so very helpful and supportive.

Good luck!

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
SO HOW did it go?

Hoping for the best - Maybe you got some help with that homework and asked for a shadow????

Hugs
Star

prayerful

he was suspended from Oct22- Oct 30 he has to take couseling by school couselor 3 times a week and his psy put him on zoloft which i don't agree with so he hasn't taken it yet 25 mg . and he is going for a full evaluation soon to see what the real promblem is.

other than that he is going back to school soon and hopeful he won't threated to shot anyone ! wow this is a hard job dealing with him and his issues . i have pushed mine a side so that he won't see me break down a lot on my plate.