Wish us luck!

Kathy813

Staff member
difficult child is on her way to the halfway house. She was 'coined out' yesterday, meaning she completed treatment successfully and was recognized by the community. difficult child received a coin from with the serenity prayer on it and each peer and staff member in the group 'pressed' good wishes into the coin and shared feedback.

So now we are on to the next step. difficult child will continue nine hours of IOP a week with the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) as well as have to meet the requirements of the halfway house of a 12-step meeting a day. DBT is part of the IOP and she will continue seeing the same p-doctor that she has been seeing at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Wow, that's a lot of acronyms in one sentence. LOL

I think I need a coin with the serenity prayer on it, too.

~Kathy

Last edited:

Nancy

I loved the coining out celebration, they did that for difficult child too from her treatment program. It brought tears to my eyes.

Sending out many good wishes for your difficult child in this next phase of her recovery.

Calamity Jane

This is a big step for her, and she has the support and the tools to make a fresh start. In a way, it's a fresh start for you, too. Good luck to all of you.

Ephchap

Congrats to difficult child and to you and husband! Another big step. Hoping that things continue on this road to recovery!

Big hugs,
Deb

S

Signorina

·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.LUCK·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.PRAYERS·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.GOOD WISHES·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

Always in my thoughts -- keep us updated!

lovemysons

Kathy...Hoping all good things for your daughter as she continues to move forward in her recovery.

You have been GREAT SUPPORT through all of this. difficult child is so very blessed to have you in her life.

LMS