Witzend- what are you doing in the PNW?

DammitJanet

Breeding difficult child's? LOL.

I just heard on the news about this Colton Harris Moore kid. OMG and I thought we had it bad. I think we need to send his mom the link to the board because she really needs it badly.

I suspect that stealing airplanes qualifies for conduct disorder...lol. I about choked on my soda when the shrink dxd him with that...I thought...ya think? His record goes back to age twelve...hmmm. Yep. CD. just add the .com. LOL.

susiestar

Roll With It
All I can say about this is "WOW". Sounds like a mom who could really use some help - if she would accept it. Not sure how we could get the site info to her, but she sure has a difficult child.

witzend

You have to watch out when they give your kid three names in the newspaper, you know it's bad! He had better watch out, it's hunting season up there and he's out in the remotes. Someone will put an end to his stuff if he doesn't stop it. He had some other boy tagging along with him all summer, and that kid's mom thinks he's some sort of survivalist. Hopefully he won't harm anyone.

I don't know if you guys got the news about the other local 14 y/o Aspie boy here who memorized mom's credit card and bought a plane ticket to Chicago to meet some guy he had been talking with online. Luckily mom had GPS in his phone and found him as soon as he landed and turned his phone on!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I think someone told these boys to aim for the sky and they took it literally. LOL Witz, that 2nd Mom sounds like a warrior Mom for sure, quick thinking on her part.

DammitJanet

I watch HLN faithfully and some of the stories just amaze me. There is another story that broke today about 4 boys from NH who just got together and decided to kill and rob someone. Boy scouts and a Mormon something or other. They killed the mom and almost killed the 11 year old dtr. Stole some stuff.

One boy was bipolar. One got bored with boy scouts.

Everyone is up in arms over what to do...what to do. And I cant get through on the cell phone...I can tell them...lmao.

Everyone is worried about what to do about rehabbing them after they have committed a crime, can they do something about Department of Juvenile Justice so it works better, can we do better therapy in schools, blah blah blah. Or should we worry more about substance abuse and addiction? Should we deal with only addiction and listen to how serious a disease addiction is.

Oh BS. If we strengthened the mental health systems, and made access much easier to everyone no matter income, we would see a true drop in juvenile crime which would in turn cause a drop in adult crime rates. Education problems would become easier to deal with because mental health would deal with the mental health portion instead of forcing it off onto the school system.

Sigh.