Wiz' First Accident!

susiestar

Roll With It
He was not hurt!!!

He got his license a few weeks ago and had his first accident today. husband was at the shop with my dad (he was watching a friend's antique shop to help him out) because our car died while he was doing Census stuff. Dad came to get him and sweetly paid to fix our car!!!

While they were waiting for the car to be fixed, they got a call from Wiz. He was making a right on red and turned into the far lane instead of the near one. The car is not majorly damaged, and no one was injured.

He was shaken up, but he played it cool. After all was said and done my Dad had him drive the car home. I am very impressed that he handled it all with-o a blowup or meltdown!!!

Another milestone in my oldest baby's life. I know he isn't a baby, but I still cannot help but remember that impish grin he had when he was little and got into trouble!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Little fender benders are part and parcel with new drivers. Sounds like everyone handled it well. Wiz learned something about the practical relationship from learning to drive and actually driving.
: )
It's all a process isn't it. difficult child had one accident that wasn't his fault. easy child who is a very good driver has had several. difficult child is very, very cautious and easy child is just so good that he had to learn that he wasn't done cooking as a new driver. Not that he is paying for more himself, he is much more aware of not being careless.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Actually, I am really really proud of Wiz!!!!! For the way he handled it, and ya know, this will make him more cautious, too.

Spoken from my own experiences!!!

skeeter

I knew NF would be a great driver, and neve rworried about him and accidents. He's still never had one.

NL was another matter. There was a reason he didn't get his license until he was 18. His older brother joked that it would take 2 weeks and he would wreck - it took 2 months actually. NL ran a red light and t-boned a car (not badly). In a really bad part of town. There were two undercover detectives in the car behind him, who got out when they saw the wreck.
The car he hit? The driver and a passenger ran when they saw the detectives, and dropped a 9mm handgun in the process!
When I got there, the officers had NL way over on another street. He didn't get sited or a ticket at all - they were more worried about getting him out of there before he got shot!!

He's gone almost a year without another wreck, but he's hit at least three things on the passenger side of his car.

klmno

Thank goodness no one was hurt!! I had more accidents than I can remember when I was young. Live and learn!!