Women who are indecisive....just heard about a childhood friend.

DDD

I'm in a sad activist mood tonight. This weekend in preparation for a high school reunion I read details of a beautiful, bright, wonderful teen friend who waited too long to leave NO when Katrina approached. I found myself with moist eyes as I read a second hand accounting of how she couldn't face to leave her home and then...ended up having one of her adult sons come find her and float her accross the waters to the submerged highway where refugees waited for help. She and I were not best friends. She and I were friends and she was a better student than I. She survived Katrina but subcombed to the afer stress of the storm. Women need to be empowered to take action for their safety. I have known so many bright, attractive, educated women who are so convinced that men will save them...that they perish emotionally or physically. Lean Forward. DDD

buddy

poor thing. That is truly sad.

I hope you connect with friends who have tons of inspiring life stories to share DDD. You will inspire them for sure.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
How sad, DDD. I'm sorry for your friend.

Know that there are many women out there who ARE proactive and help themselves! It's troubling when we see so many who are capable yet choose to do nothing.