Wonderful drink recipe

mstang67chic

Going Green
We rang in the New Year at friend's house last night. One of the things they had made was an incredible frozen drink. Last night's version did have alcohol but it would be just as delicious without. (I think it would make a good punch also)

2 cans concentrated OJ
2 cans concentrated lemonade
4 cups tea - they used regular hot tea from bags
4 cups sugar
a fifth of vodka - <span style="color: #FF0000">OPTIONAL</span>
14 cups water

Mix all together, cover and freeze. **NOTE: If you make the alcoholic version, you should freeze at least a day in advance as the vodka will slow the freezing process.

To serve, put a few scoops in a glass (an ice cream scoop works great) and fill glass with Squirt or other lemon/lime soda. Drink through a straw.

This does make a large batch. My friend had it in two containers....a large tupperware type bowl and a cake pan size (or so) tupperware type container.

I think I'm going to keep a batch of this (non alcoholic version) at the ready this summer. It was absolutely delicious! :smile:

Nancy

Sounds great. I love all the ingredients so I think I would like it. Looks easy enough to half. What kind of tea? Iced or just hot tea from tea bags?

Nancy

susiestar

Roll With It
This sounds very refreshing. I think cut in half it might work here. Wonder if you could substitute something for the OJ? thank you is allergic to OJ.

I think you could make it part alcoholic and part not, so the kids could have some!

Thanks!

Susie