Woo-hoo! I got a response online from a teacher and difficult child is staying after

TerryJ2

I struggle to get a straight answer out of difficult child on any given day in regard to his homework. Last night, he found the hidden computer mouse and snatched my keys and plunked down on the computer with-o my permission. When it came time for baseball practice, he said he had homework. Say what?
(Truth be told, I flipped the circuit breaker and off went his computer ... he never figured it out. My old technique was to shut off the entire house and he figured that out right away.)
So he does his homework and isn't finished until 6:35, and gives up on baseball practice. I told him he should have done his homework first, baseball second and computer last. He argued.
I emailed his science teacher because I noticed he's got a running D in science. difficult child told me that the science teacher is only staying after for detention students and he's not in detention.
Hmm. Science teacher offered to keep difficult child after school to get caught up on homework. I grabbed at that opportunity pronto! I am so happy!
(He's going to be so ticked.)
And I'm going to find a better hiding place for the mouse and my keys!

TerryJ2

I got him to do an old homework assignment, and to plan out the new science project. (Not to mention have me sign the sheet!)
Also, had to hit the circuit breaker again tonight. He knew what I had done but was ready to quit so there wasn't a scene.
Luckily, he doesn't know how to work the circuit breakers, and we have two sets (actually, 3 boxes, since I separated out the A/C) but it's only a matter of time b4 he figures it out.
I have to figure out how to cut off his internet while keeping mine on. I know how to turn off the entire unit, but that's only going to work a cpl of times.
I have to keep on top of this stuff!