Woo hoo!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
My mother just let me know that Wiz is now enrolled full time in COLLEGE!!!!!

She was out of town last week and he got a notice that his enrollment info was incomplete (came the first day of classes). Wiz didn't do anything about it on his own, so when she returned she made him call and find out what wasn't there.

He sent a copy of his ACTs instead of an original.

Gma sent him down with it and he then enrolled in 12 hours!!!!!!

I am so thrilled!!!!

It was just about 4-5 years ago I figured he would end up in prison or a psychiatric ward with a really dismal future.

NEVER give up while they are young. They hear and use a whole lot more of what we say than I ever thought they even heard.

I truly thought my child with a genius IQ would end up with no education anda whole lot of nothing for his future.

This is about as close to a miracle as I have ever seen.

Just wanted to share something awesome with y'all!

S

softball7811

That is great. I am new to this site, and I was just reading your earlier stories, and I have to say that is just great. I am thankful for this site, and to know that i am not alone in all this. Good luck to Whiz in school.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for posting this-I really needed it tonight as I'm feeling very much like you did 4-5 years ago.

susiestar

Roll With It
Wiz didn't sit with us for much of the talking tonight (we went to my parents for dessert), but he did spend a lot of time with thank you and Jessie. As we left he came out, opened my car door and gave me a hug. I whispered how proud I am of him into his hair (couldn't find his ear in that mop, lol!) and he whispered thanks.

As we left I got kind of choked up because I can remember the day we drove him to the psychiatric hospital just as if it was yesterday. I remember the two therapy sessions where his honeymoon broke that clearly also.

Now I have a high school graduate with a technical degree in C&C Machining who is a full time college freshman (with english comp 1 under his belt because gma made him do it in high school if he wanted to get his gameboy dslite back!).

Our kids really CAN have futures, good ones. Wiz is still an Aspie, but he has come such a long way.

Without the wisdom, support, advice and occasional kick in the hiney from everyone here, then and now, this would NEVER have happened. He would likely be in jail or a coffin or I would be. Every single person here has taught me something and helped me in some way. I don't have a clue how I functioned without you all.

I love each and every one of you. Thank You.

TerryJ2

I whispered how proud I am of him into his hair (couldn't find his ear in that mop, lol!) and he whispered thanks.

As we left I got kind of choked up because I can remember the day we drove him to the psychiatric hospital just as if it was yesterday. I remember the two therapy sessions where his honeymoon broke that clearly also.

Now I have a high school graduate with a technical degree in C&C Machining who is a full time college freshman (with english comp 1 under his belt because gma made him do it in high school if he wanted to get his gameboy dslite back!).

Our kids really CAN have futures, good ones. Wiz is still an Aspie, but he has come such a long way.

WOW!!!! Congratulations to all of you!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
3S - it took a LOT to get him there, including letting go of him and letting him experience whatever rules/methods/privileges my parents chose to give him. Sometimes we have to let them go experience the grass on another side, and the consequences too before they can grow up. It is really hard to do that, and I hope and pray that your difficult children will grow and learn and make better choices.