Woooooo!!!

Jena

Wow, wow, wow!! LOL

difficult child has literally been spinning since she got home from school umm about 3 hours ago, with a few breaks inbetween!

Talk about overstimulated. holy!!! :hammer:

I'm trying to bake, and she's trying to spin!! Please, please, someone please save me!!! :capitulate: "I give up!!"

Ahhh the holidays with my difficult child. lol She's so excited she can't stay still more than the norm can't stay still!! I wish I had a video tape. You cant make this stuff up.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
When my difficult child 2 does this, I know he's hypomanic. His thoughts are usually racing at the same time. We call it "buzzing" -- because he first described it as having a bunch of bees in his head.

Is there something quiet you can have her do? Maybe help with the baking? Rolling out or kneading dough, or mixing could be a good physical outlet for the energy she's got building up.

meowbunny

Do you have stairs? If so, give her a pillow, pad the wall at the bottom and let her bounce down the stairs. Great fun and running back up gets exhausting. If not, tell her to sit on her bottom on a slick floor and literally spin.

A nice, soothing bubble bath is also a good idea. If you have the patience, let her help you with the cookies. This can be great fun for both of you, especially if you manage to get cookie dough on both of you.

Good luck! Strangely, I enjoyed my daughter being all excited about something. It was fun to watch her bounce off the walls. However, when the bouncing got to be too much for me, I would either find something physical for her to do or put on her favorite movie. Sometimes television really can be a great babysitter.

Jena

Hi.......i survived. wow, what a night!! I love watching her be excited it's the constant spinning in circles she's been doing as of late when she's really hyper, than if anyone looks at her the wrong way or says the wrong thing she flips out on them. i'Tourette's Syndrome just rough at holiday time, she's all over the place. she's been going so hard all week long she's getting sick now also. so, vicks tonight and nose spray keeping my fingers crossed she doesn't get sick. she's been flying high for a while now it was bound to happen.