Work closed, made it home...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
So, our work let us go around 1:30. Took a while to get home, but I am home! Immediately upon arriving I noted that difficult child's car is missing. When I spoke with her at 1 I told her to stay home. When I got home at 2, she had already left the house. Something about driving her friend home. I just saw an IM on the computer - she lied; she's going to see her boyfriend. Argh - she will NEVER make it home now - the roads are awful and the plows are NOT out. I want to kill her.

Anyway, it was nice getting out of work early. Now I can snuggle up and read for a little while before making dinner. Yippee - the things that make me happy.

F

flutterbee

I'm glad you made it home. When these things happen, I still feel like a kid getting a snow day. I'm hoping you're getting snow and not ice.

And difficult child's out driving in it, huh? Hon, you *have* to get her off your insurance.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child is home...so blase about the whole thing. Actually begging me to go with her, in her car, to the grocers to get a gingerbread kit. Uh, no. She's like, such a nut.

And, yes, Heather, you're right of course. H is the one who is refusing to take her off the insurance believe it or not!

Star*

call 911........call 911
WELL NOW YOU CAN BAKE MY COOKIES :gingerbread: -

the mail comes in the morning - so you'd better get busy! snap snap!

VERY GLAD to hear you are home safe.

And I'd tell little spice girl-

Run, run, run, just as fast as you can - run, to the store get your own gingerbread maaan.

TerryJ2

Jo, the min. I saw the subject heading I knew you lived in the NE. Argh. And so frustrating about your daughter. That is SO typical! Best of luck.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad you and difficult child both made it home safe.

difficult child is just suffering from teen invinsibility.

:rudolph:

TerryJ2

Yeah, I remember when husband and I had our first apt. in St. Paul. One night it snowed so hard, I couldn't find my car in the pkng lot. It was just a bunch of lumps in a row that no one would otherwise know were cars. I just stood there and cried. To make it worse, when I finally got to work--late--no one believed me because it was in a diff suburb that hadn't had much snow at all.

Jo...darling...I'm having fun imagining you sliding all over town in your hybrid and all...but more importantly, your difficult child is still blatantly disregarding you.

You need to stand up to husband and tell him that this is how it is gonna be. That or send her back to her dad. She is gonna keep pushing as far as she can (and we all know that includes overtime with monkeyboy)...