Workout Thread

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OK, ladies, I'll admit.................I stopped working out for a whole week. My thighs just could not take it anymore, d@mn knots. :sigh: And although I didn't exactly go nuts or anything, I also didn't exactly eat the healthiest during that week either.

So today I'm all like, this is IT. No more being a slack off, I'm sooooo not getting back into that mindset. So I weigh in, fully expecting to have gained weight. I'm retaining water BAD this morning. So I think whatever. Once the water is gone it will look so much better on the scale. lol Uh.....somehow.......not sure how.......I lost another pound. Probably more because like I said I am retaining a LOT of fluid this morning. Well now, that was a pleasant surprise. :)

I also measured my waist, hips, and thighs. This is the first time for that. I'm doing it cuz often when you hit that level out point you're losing inches instead of pounds and I want to be able to SEE IT, so I don't get discouraged and give up. That was sort of depressing, at least for the waist part. :groan: This, of course, is also affected by the fluid retention because that is where it goes first......then to the hands and other areas, and this morning my hands were balloons. So I shall not dwell on it. It is what it is.

easy child is doing AWESOME! So proud of her! Also jealous as hades of her, but yeah, I can be jealous and proud at the same time. She's lost nearly 50 lbs and at least 4-5 inches off her waist, a few off her hips and thighs too. I just stare at her, like WOW! So yeah, that motivated me again. She earned it, she's worked her tail off and stuck with it......often more than I thought she should, but it got results. She now weighs about what I do (she started out obviously much higher than I did), so she has a ways to go yet.

So I stick in my workout video this morning. I get through half of it and it freezes. I'm like "oh no you didn't!". I take it out, clean it off, put it back in..........And yes, I started at the beginning again. lol So this morning I did it 1 1/2 times, and after a week off I felt it too. omg lol (serves me right for slacking off)

That insanity workout video (have to get with easy child on the name, insanity is part of the title) is reducing her mid section like crazy. She admits it kicks her fanny. So it will be a while before I'm even attempting it. But it's doing exactly what it promises to do........6 inches in 6 wks gone from the middle.

My "goal" is to get back into the awesome wardrobe I wore (all still basically new clothes) from before the accident 8 yrs ago by summer. (they were summer clothes) After that.......we'll see. I was about 130 lbs at that point, I think, maybe 125. I loved that wardrobe, went out and bought it because I was so proud of myself. Then got hit, did the hermit thing and all the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) junk.......school and packed on the extra weight. I'm at 146 lbs now. So that's 16 lbs, maybe 21 lbs. I think I can manage that, I hope. Maybe I'll do really well and do even better. But for now that is my goal. :)

And for anyone wondering.............. yes, this is my psychiatric myself up thread. :rofl:

InsaneCdn

You go, girl.
It helps that it's spring and there's a garden to put in and stuff to fix and... either you'll get exercise doing that stuff, or you'll have to get in shape in order to be able to do it...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Tell ya what, girl... I am highly unlikely to lose any weight until October (at which time I'll lose a bunch all at once, LOL) - but 130 lbs would be AWESOME! (I might go back to 160 in October... Sigh.)

Just never forget, fat is less dense than muscle (which is why you don't seem to lose lbs but you lose inches). So if you don't get down to 130, you might still fit in those clothes - and you'll be a LOT stronger than I am!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
To quote an infamous 80's poet -

Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeeeee...eeeeeee.eeeeeeeeee.eeeeeeeeee.eeeeee.EEEEEEE.......ling.

I'm there with ya sista - Scale at the doctors yesterday is now called "YOU BIG FATTY FAT FAT OLD LIAR".....(Gained 1.2 lbs since Christmas I .......GUESS) - I'm chalking it up to depression, and then I looked at a LOAF of bread - which is 1 lb and thought - OH DEAR ME........THAT is what I have added TO MY MICHELIN TIRE MAN BODY. NO!! I WILL NOT succumb to the bad cookies that DF refuses to stop eating. I will NOT succumb to the LOUSY schedule I've been keeping due to job hunting - BREAKFAST LUNCH DINNER and TWO snacks - Stop eating at 7:00 PM - and my weight will slip off.....a lb a week.....I know this is true. NOTHING over 10 Grams of SUGAR........(start checking lables again) REFUSE my naughty inner difficult child when at 8:30 it says - GO AHEAD HAVE that bowl of frosted flakes - "it's reduced sugar" .........DRINK 8 glasses of water to FLUSH out that fat you are working on loosing.

SO I'm there with you. My next appointmen is in three months and I'm going to find a copy of P90X - SOMEWHERE. I will do it......I will DO IT. I WILL DO ITTTTTT!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
REFUSE my naughty inner difficult child when at 8:30 it says - GO AHEAD HAVE that bowl of frosted flakes - "it's reduced sugar"

That right there could be my undoing. I discovered it quickly though. easy child found these weight watcher ice cream sandwiches on sale. So....we got some. (I've not had an ice cream sandwich in years) I thought I'd taste one. Next thing I knew I was tossing the box out. OMG! I suppose it's a good thing they don't taste "off" because they're weight watchers............but I have to stay away from that sort of deal. No 100 calorie packs of whatever for me, either. That's like dangling chocolate in front of my face then telling me I can't eat it. It only makes it worse. Because I'll "reason" with myself that because it's reduced whatever, I can have more, and then I don't stop. If it's the real deal? 99.9 percent of the time I will tell myself "oh, heck no! It's not worth it" There is little or no inner will power struggle.

The after 7:00 pm eating deal? Easy. I take out my teeth. Yup. It's next to impossible, or at least not very pleasurable, to snack or munch with no teeth in which to chew. :rofl: Darned if I didn't find out how to make dentures an asset.

What is P90X??

Star*

call 911........call 911
HOUND - WEIGHT WATCHERS ice cream????? HAS BOATLOADS of SUGAR....NOT GOOD ------SWITCH TO KLONDIKE NO SUGAR ADDED, 100 CAL - treats. MUCH BETTER FOR YOU. And mostly on sale a lot. 2/$6

P90 X is that Extreme workout where it takes 90 days to go from flab to FAB. It's like $100 - and I can't afford it - but at the beginning you take a picture of yourself in workout clothes.....and in 90 days you take a picture of yourself all ripped - and you get a Tshirt (you earn it) -------I want 6 pack abs, no love handles and that TSHIRT. I hate and detest the word muffin top.

Star*

call 911........call 911
And I'm STILL laughing about the denture-assist aspect of your training program. DAMNGIRL you are GOOD!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yes, the denture-asset works, but I wouldn't recommend getting your teeth pulled for the benefit. LOL

Hmm. P90X sounds very similar to the insanity workout..........the one that removes 6 inches from your waist in 6 wks. Except no tee shirt. But I know that one works, I see the results with easy child. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well I'd bellow out

I WANT INSANITY...........but I'm pretty sure if you just LOOK at me? :flirtysmile3:You'll see I've already got it and I lost NO weight whatsover.

If you have a different DVD/CD version instead of the difficult child.21 version I have? BRING IT ON SISTA........And one and two and what are you going to do? Sits, takes nap.......OMG have you tried Keebler townhouse flats with olive oil and sea salt.......and three and four I'll throw them out the door...........and five and six, seven and eight - phew - I'm tired just typing it.

Okay I'm in - sign me up for your INSANITY class.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sounds like insanity is going to get me both ways but - Heck if I'm going to die? I may as well look slammin at the body farm. Propped up against a tree with my sweaty Tshirt and ankle weights......kicka boom kickka boom.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like insanity is going to get me both ways but - Heck if I'm going to die? I may as well look slammin at the body farm. Propped up against a tree with my sweaty Tshirt and ankle weights......kicka boom kickka boom.....

:rofl: :rofl:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm doing interval training. I can't do sustained impact, so PT thought this would be good. I never thought 10 minutes of your day could be so intense...but it can really pack a punch.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I literally cussed out the dude on my video this morning all the way through it. He was just to happy and perky for my mood. (I was sore) The video I do is like 45 mins but there is a warm up and a cool down so actual workout is about 30.

I bet it does a lot for you. I'm getting more out of the videos than I did with the gym, which surprised me.

trinityroyal

Hound, Shari, good for you!

Star, I fight the same battle. At about 9 pm every night, the box of chocolate biscuits calls to me from the cupboard. I need to bite the bullet and just banish chocolate biscuits from the house, but I can't seem to do it and they're sooooooo delicious.

The P90X and Insanity workouts are made by the same people. I haven't tried either one, but I've heard great things about them.

Hound, I think you said that you're doing the Biggest Loser workouts? I have a set of their DVDs, and despite having been working out steadily for a few years now they flatten me. I did the Jillian Michaels Ab Blaster thingy this morning, and about 3/4 of the way through I was lying on the floor in a heap. I feel pretty energetic now though, but I suspect my body won't be happy with me tomorrow.

I do like the perky fellow, although his happy-talk can get annoying when you're in pain and he's smiling that toothy smile at you through the tv screen.

I have about 5 last lingering pounds of Tot Monster flab still to go. I gained 70 lbs with them, and have lost 65. I am determined to see those last 5 pounds GONE by the time bathing suit season gets here.

TerryJ2

Go for it!

You have no idea how many of those workout guys get cussed out. :)

I skipped my walk because it's raining. I think I should walk around the block in the rain anyway. I did stretch, though. Sigh. You're a better person than I am ...

P

PatriotsGirl

I fell off the wagon and it has been two weeks now. I am so mad at myself because I was doing SO well. My husband kept commenting how great and sexy I looked (well, he does that all the time, but I believed him more when the weight was shedding...lol). I need to jump back on that wagon!!!! I want to be a single digit size by summer...

Ladies,

I was supposed to be at that fitness room by now!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:!! Hound, Star, thanks to both of you, I just spit my last bit of coffee all over my workout tee. Well, you've given me a reason to procrastinate a while longer...

Trinity, I'm so proud of you!! Way To Go!! I know you'll be back in that swimsuit soon!!:water_happy:

Bye all - I'm going to change and get my way too fat butt out the door - Nothing like a bit of self-inflicted torture to start the day... SFR

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Trinity, hon, you're supposed to tell me that like within a week or so I'll be doing this video without breaking a sweat.............LOL Not that it's still gonna kick my butt. LOL But actually, that's sort of good to know because I've been at them for a while and I keep thinking "am I supposed to still be wiped when I'm done and sore in the morning?", I was beginning to think there was something wrong.

Normally I don't mind the guy's smile and perky attitude, actually I like it. I like it when we hit a part and by then my thighs are screaming at me to STOP, and he says now if it's getting to you you can tone it down a bit by doing such and such......as long as your moving, just keep moving. I have to give him credit, his tone it down advice usually works and helps me make it all the way through.

But yesterday I was extra sore from doing the video extra long and I was just in no mood for it. But I did finish. lol

I bought a jump rope the other day. Saw in an article how jumping rope burns more than 100 cals in 8 mins. Sounds easy right? We all jumped rope as kids. (now I know why I was such a skinny kid lol ) Well, I'm gonna have to build up with that too. The video works my thighs (everything works my d@mn thighs) and they're sore, at least not as sore as from the elliptical though. But either I'm gonna have to jump rope at a different time of day......or before the workout. By the time that video is over I am not capable of jumping rope for more than 30 sec. lol So I figure it might be something I can do after dinner. :) (we'll see)