Workout Thread

trinityroyal

Trinity, hon, you're supposed to tell me that like within a week or so I'll be doing this video without breaking a sweat.............LOL Not that it's still gonna kick my butt. LOL But actually, that's sort of good to know because I've been at them for a while and I keep thinking "am I supposed to still be wiped when I'm done and sore in the morning?", I was beginning to think there was something wrong.

Lisa, it took me 6 weeks when I started running 2 1/2 years ago before I could actually run faster than I walked. And I STILL sweat a LOT when I run 5K. I just don't feel like I'm gonna die afterward anymore. As for the Ab Blast Thingy, I chose it BECAUSE it kicks my butt. I hit a point with running where increasing my speed was getting to be hard on my aging knees, and increasing distance was just taking too long. This workout is 35 minutes, I'm out of breath after the first 5, and on the floor before the last 5 even begin. I've been working on it for about a month now, and I'm determined to finish the whole thing. Then (HORRORS), there's the advanced level Ab Blast Thingy to try. The one I'm doing is only the beginner level.

I bought a jump rope the other day. Saw in an article how jumping rope burns more than 100 cals in 8 mins. Sounds easy right? We all jumped rope as kids. (now I know why I was such a skinny kid lol ) Well, I'm gonna have to build up with that too. The video works my thighs (everything works my d@mn thighs) and they're sore, at least not as sore as from the elliptical though. But either I'm gonna have to jump rope at a different time of day......or before the workout. By the time that video is over I am not capable of jumping rope for more than 30 sec. lol So I figure it might be something I can do after dinner. :) (we'll see)

Jumping rope is one of the best workouts ever. When I was in competitive dance, it was one of the exercises my teacher assigned to build up our cardio strength and foot speed.

Check out this jump rope team from husband's hometown:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG! That video was AWESOME! (notices every one of them is skinny/fit LOL )

I couldn't do any of that fancy stuff even when I was young. BUT I could jump rope forever. It was one of my fav things to do. Our school didn't have playground equipment :)

cubsgirl

Really great video - what a great job. I need to workout more (and lose 50 lbs). We have a home gym but I need to do cardio - which is hard because I have asthma that is made worse by exercise.