World Autism Awareness Day

Stella

Oooh my first trip the the watercooler! lol. Hi everyone!!!

Heard on the radio on the way into work that today was World Autism Awareness Day so thought it was defintely worth a mention!!

WAAD celebrates the unique talents and skills of persons with autism and is a day when individuals with autism are warmly welcomed and embraced in community events around the globe.

By bringing together autism organizations all around the world, we will give a voice to the millions of individuals worldwide who are undiagnosed, misunderstood and looking for help. Please join us in our effort to inspire compassion, inclusion and hope.

http://www.worldautismawarenessday.org/site/c.egLMI2ODKpF/b.3917077/k.186A/About_World_Autism_Awareness_Day.htm

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Interesting... I can't get to this site unfortunately, blocked by work. But, I'm one of those people that used to scoff at autism as the "diagnosis du jour"... Like ADHD... You know how it is.

I should've kept my mouth shut... Since now we're having difficult child 2 tested because this is a possibility, at the very least probably something on the spectrum.

Teaches me to be a snot! Ha.:slap:

I'm going to send the link to husband so he can tell me what I'm missing! Thanks for posting it.