worst day ever- armed standoff

slsh

member since 1999
Aw Janet.... my heart aches for you. I am relieved that it ended without anyone getting hurt... sheesh. Sending you warm thoughts and a huge hug. I'm just so doggone sorry.

Lothlorien

Holy Mother! I'm glad you are okay. See if you can block his calls and if not, don't answer them. He is obviously unstable and out of control. Adding my prayers. Take the Xanax and go to bed. You need some rest.
Hugs!

KFld

I agree totally with Fran. Once a gun came into play, you had absoluteley no choice but to call him in. Just keep reminding yourself how this could have ended if you didn't turn him in.

He is now safe where he cannot harm you, others or himself.

I'm so sorry you are going through this and I wish we all lived closer so we could all come put our arms around you and help you through your worse day ever :frown:

witzend

Now he is calling me from Jail threatening to burn my house down, hurt me, etc when he gets out. Says he is dead to me...oh well.

And can you believe...the damned jail allows this! The calls are not recorded...and if I want to do something about it I have to go up to the magistrates office and take out a warrant...mother of god!

This is the worst backwoods place to live.

Do you have an answering machine? You need to record these calls yourself and get them to the right people. They can't let him out under these circumstances, it's not safe.

If you don't know how to use your answering machine to record conversations, PM me with the model number and I will send you instructions.

If he calls your cell, don't answer. Let him build up to the threats if it takes a few calls, but don't answer. You need people to know what he is threatening.

witzend

I wanted to respond to those other issues while they were fresh in my mind, so I apologize for not saying this first. (The new quote and post system is still a little cumbersome for me.)

I am so sorry, Janet. I know how horrified and humiliated you must be. I hope that he will get some help somehow, although it seems unlikely at this point. Please, do what you can to protect the rest of you and the rest of society. Cory is dangerous. After what happened on Monday, I think that we should all be vigilant about taking people at their word when they threaten/fantasize about violence.

Allan-Matlem

Hi,
I am relieved that the worst day is over and both you and Cory are safe. Your profile shows you have 2 great kids, in my humble opinion I think they should be the ones in speaking contact, phoe ,visits etc or husband. I think , contact between you and him should be only through letters. There is too much emotional baggage. A third party needs to help him cool down and come up with a plan that gives him a future , that means he getting you on his side. At the moment , he couldn't care what happens to himself , only getting at you and others he blames for his problems.
Sending prayers and positive thoughts in your direction
Allan

DammitJanet

I dont have a home phone, only a cell so he cannot call collect. For some unknown reason this jail lets them call quite frequently to cell phones?

He has called everyone he can think of trying to get bail money. Then they have called me. I keep telling them not to bail him out. I dont even know why they would give him bail considering he was fleeing and he broke probation!

husband is coming home tonite (cutting his work week short) and we are going to the magistrate to take out more papers for the threats and anything else I can think of and then asking for an order of protection. I may run by the ER and see if I can get them to give me a few ativan or something for stress from all this since no one can find my psychiatrist. Nice huh? I need a standing order of just 10 a month to live my life.

I imagine I will have to enforce a protective order a few times before he gets it.

Lindsey -Keyanas Mom- called. Cory called her wanting bail money and she called me wanting to know what happened. I told her and she was fine with it. She thinks he is where he needs to be. I told her that we would take care of the baby. She said that was fine. Whew. So between the 3 of us...her, her mom and us the baby will be ok. Cory has probably messed himself up from having much of a part of that kids life for a long long while. I know I wont take a baby to see him in jail.

What a :censored2: mess.

Sunlight

in the jails ant has been to, they cannot call cellphones. cory is probably being allowed to use a phone there for today for calls.

as for the PFA order, you might want to wait as you may regret it later when emotions cool down. you will no longer be angry and will care about cory again I think.

take care of you, Janet.

K

Kjs

Thankfully all are safe. He will be safe, you will be safe. I can't imagine. You did the right thing.

oceans

Wow! I am so sorry that you had to go through so much! Is there a chance that his medications are not keeping him stable right now? I hope that you stay safe and he gets the help he needs.

DDD

I, too, am so sorry for your pain Janet. It has been a 20 year
roller coaster for you and it makes sense you would be more hurt
and angry and frightened than before with the weapon involved.
Fingers crossed that you can access some medications to help take the
edge off......if I had a strongest enough arm I would throw a
couple up to Carolina for you. Sending hugs. DDD

BusynMember

How horrible (shudder)!!!!!! I hope they force him to take his medications in jail so he can see how irrational and dangerous he was and stop threatening. I hope they have mental health professionals there to help him. I think you really did well, as far as keeping you head, and you very well may have saved many lives.

Hanging-On

Oh DJ, I was terrified for you while reading that. My goodness, what you've been through, but thank g-d you are safe and no one got hurt. While reading your thread all I could think of is, "what is he thinking, he's making a bad situation worse". My heart is with you. Sending HUGE VERY HUGE {{{{{{{HUS}}}}}}}.

I pray you get some rest. I'm so sorry.

DammitJanet

In a few days or so I may contact his old psychiatrist about this. He has been contacting everyone under the sun for bail... I hope he cant get out because then I will have big problems.

His father works out of town and I am here alone with his older brother and that is why things get so out of control. Cory knows I cant control him. He is physically stronger than I am, can muscle me around, can bully me into giving in, etc. My disorders and pain problems make me an easy mark. Sometimes I can barely walk. How hard is it to take something from someone who cant chase you? Or how hard is it to sneak into my bedroom and take my stuff if I happen to go to the bathroom and leave my cellphone, wallet, keys, etc on the bed and he can grab them before I can get off the commode.

If his old psychiatrist will rx his lithium to be taken in the jail then I can get it and take it to them...or however they do it down here.

Or maybe I will talk to my therapist about talking to the psychiatrist at this agency about having him committed while awaiting charges to get him on medications. Who knows.

skeeter

Janet - just saw this, I am so very sorry.

Take it one day at a time. You are safe for now, and so is he. Try your best to not let him suck you in further.

I'm surprised they set bail already, that seems very fast by the standards around here.

We're here for you when needed.