worst day ever- armed standoff

KFld

that is a great idea in regards to the title. I wouldn't turn it over to anyone. Send it back, address unknown. What a blessing in disguise that he just bought the car and hasn't gotten the title yet. I know in CT. it takes sometimes close to 2 months before you get it.

ScentofCedar

Do call Victim's Services Janet, as Donna suggested.

Also, call a local woman's shelter. You may never need to use it, but if you do, it will be familiar to you.

I'm thinking of the shelter idea because you DO have the baby.

What will you do when Corey is released?

Make a plan, Janet. It will help you get through, one minute or one phone call, at a time.

Was there nothing your therapist suggested?

I hope you do call the women's shelter, Janet. Even if you only stay there for a few days, until you know when Corey was released and where he went and how that all worked out.

I agree with RM. Icy cool in the midst of the crisis and meltdown afterword.

Take care, Janet.

Both for your own sake, and for the baby's.

I am so sorry, Janet.

Barbara

Vanilla

Janet, I am so sorry. I had to call the police 6 months ago when my son threatened me and his brother with a knife. Because he was 17 at the time, he is still under the reins of the Juvenile Court although he has since turned 18. I would definitely pursue the Order of Protection and continue to stress to everyone who will listen that he is a danger to self and others. Surely he will be given a mental evaluation, possibly an involuntary commitment to a psychiatric hospital. Given the recent Va Tech situation, I would think everyone would now be truly paying attention to persons with the demonstrated capacity for violence. Stay strong, help him get help, but protect yourself and your family! Vanilla

TerryJ2

He has tried to call here collect on my cell...which I didnt even know was possible. I hung up.

Excellent. Don't let him use you. (Or your cell ph min.!)
by the way, it depends upon your plan and svc provider. Mine won't allow it.

gottaloveem

I just saw your post this morning. I am so sorry this has happened.
How horrifying. You did the right thing. Sorry Cory is in so much trouble.

Hugs for your broken heart.

(((((((HUGS))))))