WORST Easter ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy813

Staff member
I vote on the restaurant idea. That way everyone can order what they like and you won't have to smell fish cooking. Also, I think temper tantrums (and that's what they were) would be less likely in a public setting.

We started going out for Easter brunch a couple of years ago. We go with another family after church. I love it because I don't have to cook or clean and we just get to enjoy our family and friends.

Maybe it's time to start new traditions now that the girls are grown. I'm already thinking about where we can go next Christmas even though we have always spent Christmas at home. I feel like it's time to try something new.

~Kathy

Sue C

Suz -- Now you got it! Spaghetti before Easter and ham on Easter Day. Or spaghetti and ham.

Lothlorlen -- You are thinking along the same line of having spaghetti with ham.

My mom had asked if she should bring anything. She is 80 and has been having dizzy spells and recently spent the day in the ER. I told her just bring your Half and Half for your coffee.

Angela never asks if she should bring anything. I had called her and told her we forgot to buy wine and if they thought they'd like wine with their dinner, could she please pick some up. Otherwise, I had soda and milk. Well, they did not bring wine and she complained that I had not bought chocolate milk like I usually do. Guess I did everything wrong on Easter.

I don't understand Angela. She also cut me down for never trying to make new side dishes. Well, husband and I don't like to try new things and neither does my mom. So....I don't understand why Angela would not volunteer to bring a new side dish instead of complaining about ME not making one. It's a good thing for me to suggest, hopefully without her getting mad.

Janet -- Thanks for the suggestions.

Kathy -- Maybe it is time to try the restaurant thing. But aren't the restaurants terribly crowded and the prices higher and service not as good 'cuz they are so busy?? Just wondering.

Sue

Kathy813

Staff member
We had to wait about 15 minutes at the restaurant we went to that specializes in breakfast food. We may try one that has an Easter buffet next year.

The food and service were fine. Maybe you could make reservations if you are concerned about the wait.

It really is the solution for my family because we all like different things so everyone is happy.

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I've got it!

Serve brunch, not dinner.

I have a couple of fabulous recipes for brunch (or dinner really) where you make them the night before, let them sit overnight and then bake them in the morning. One is an egg recipe, the other is a french toast recipe. Both are scrumptuous and both work for carnivores or vegetarians. :thumb:

And you can have ham or bacon on the side! :smile: :rofl:

Problem solved! :slap: :whew: :salute:

Suz

DammitJanet

We go out to eat often on the holidays because it was something I did as a kid because I was a lonely only. Now that the kids are older I find it even more enticing.

Buffets are the way to go. You can find expensive ones or family friendly priced ones. They may be a bit more crowded but its worth it. My advice is to go anytime but immediately after church lets out.

AliceLee

Sue, sorry it was so crummy for the whole family. Sadly, I've come to expect disappointment during holidays/birthdays, etc. from my difficult child.

My difficult child called to say she'd be an hour late. That was fine because dinner would be ready about 1/2 hour after her new arrival time. However, she showed up 45 minutes later than she said she would. We had already started eating (I cooked all afternoon and was NOT gonna let it get cold or overdone) when she showed up. She seemed surprised that we didn't wait for her.

Neither easy child or difficult child seemed to appreciate the delicious meal I prepared (it was one of the best I've ever made!) They just kinda picked at their food, then complained that the lemon merenge pie was too tart...

difficult child was in a bad mood (what's new?) and spent most of her time on the computer rather than talking with us.

husband and I have decided to do the brunch thing next year.

hearthope

Back when my mother cooked the holiday meals, she would call weeks ahead and ask what we wanted for our dish. We all enjoyed her cooking and everyone was given one side dish to request.

If we are all getting together (hasn't happened in a while) whoever was cooking did the same thing and took request for side dish favorites.

Everyone was happy! If the request was too difficult or something someone didn't know how to prepare, whoever chose it was asked to bring it so we could all try it.

It is the time spent, not the food consumed

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #006600"> sue, we often have pasta dishes for sunday dinner. the only pasta jarrod will eat is MEAT ravs. whenever we have anything else in the pasta family i make him something else....just about every week lol. it's really not hard.

i agree with-suz....11 years is not a phase or attention grabber. it's a way of life for her. i'm glad you're starting to think differently about making an additional dish she would enjoy. you readily admit you would accomodate any other guest's dietary need....why not angela's?

kris
</span> </span> </span>

KFld

I know Costco sells a killer veggie lasagna. Don't know if you have one nearby.

I really don't believe it so much had to do with the food in the end, it just sounded to me like Angela had enough of Melissa's drama and didn't want to put up with it on the holiday, so she dragged everything into her hissy fit. I still say she was feeling the tension from the walking on eggshells to make Melissa comfortable.