Worst Tattoos???

susiestar

Roll With It
I know tattoos seem to be extremely popular. I have given serious thought to it myself. I really like some of them, but I always wonder what they will look like when the person has experienced a whole lot more life.

This show is called America's Worst Tattoos and WOW are some of these bad!! In the show people get them covered up by really good artists. Given how many of our difficult children have gotten tattooed, I thought t mght provide some chuckles. Like the woman who was into astronomy and thought she had a great artist giving her a tattoo of the man in the moon. Turns out the 'artist' was a heroin addict who wasn't high enough to do her best work and the man in the moon looks like a scary face on a cookie!

Enjoy this! I hope you laugh as much as I am at some of th tattoos and stories!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Ixsr5_zN0D8

witzend

Susie, I have to tell you that moving from Oregon to NC, tattoos are not even nearly as popular anywhere else as they are in the South. Why on earth does a town of 10,000 need 43 tattoo shops? And why on earth are they all still in business?

Worst I saw? There are so many. Was it my fat ugly 60 year old ex-sister-in-law with the "Biker Babes Do It Better" on her shoulder? Or was it the other fat 20-something girl with the very shapely sexy babe on her bicep that pointed out oh too plainly that she is neither that shapely nor that sexy? Give me another week in North Carolina and I'm sure that I will have ten more to tell you about.

FWIW, I have a tattoo which has been seen by the tattoo artist and my husband.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Cheech has a tat on his leg of a girl in a bikini top with two 8 balls where her chi chi's are and she is holding a leaf. After he showed me, I asked him why on earth is she holding a canadian maple leaf. I was told it was a pot leaf, but the tat artist didn't smoke so wasn't really sure what one looked like. He makes me laugh every time I see him in a pair of shorts. SO gets a tat for something meaningful to him. He has a picture of me over his heart - the artist did a really good job, but made it like I was popping out of his chest with the skin looking like it was peeling back (he could have left the skin part out) , he also has a photo of our bird and one of our dogs, and ones with his favorite band names. Thankfully he is almost out of room on his arms and chest. LOL

I have a small one of two roses that I have had for almost 20 years, and it pretty much looks the same as it did the first day. No one can see it but I like it. But tats are like eating potatoe chips, difficult to have just one.

Marcie

donna723

I spent 24 years working in a close security State prison. Believe me when I say I've probably seen some of the weirdest, most bizarre tattoos on the face of the earth! And most of them were "homemade" ...

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't have anything against tattooes. After I met husband I was sort of glad I didn't have any because he totally hates them. He would NEVER tell me that I couldn't have one though. Heck, even hating them he would probably still go with me if I decided I really wanted one and wanted him to hold my hand while I got it. I just don't feel that strongly that I want to have one.

The show that I posted the link for is pretty funny. In some ways we got pretty lucky because there is a man who goes to our community pool who has at least six of them and NONE are attractive and most are on areas that are not in the shape they were when he got them. The sexy chick on his side is very much not sexy anymore, and the animal around his belly button (yes, the animal's tushie is his belly button) has become extremely grotesque. This was one of the first people with tattooes that my kids saw and boy did that make an impression. thank you says it is still the image that pops into his head if people are talking about tattoos. I am quite okay with that until they are adults.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have three... And I'd change two of them, but not because they are ugly!

First one - HUGE Celtic knot - left shoulder. Drew it myself, still love the design, though the placement could have been a lot better. Went to a really good shop. Could be better.

Second - Kokopelli, right side of my abdomen just above my hip. Same shop... I kinda hurried when I re-did the drawing & shouldn't have. Expected it to be Gumby-pelli when I got pregnant - but somehow, it's not. Oddly.

Third - a star encircled by a lizard with a Celtic knot on its back. Home-done by a lady named Star... LOL! On my left upper thigh, can be covered by a quarter. I fell asleep while she was doing it. Still my favorite, and still beautiful. I was 21...

That said - I've seen some BAD ones. husband has 7 (I think)... I don't even notice them anymore...

trinityroyal

"I definitely want death, mermaids, and more death"

Um, I'm not sure that her new tattoo will turn out any better than her old one...

trinityroyal

Nothing to do with the tattoos themselves, but I love the juxtaposition of the 1950s game show music playing while the clients are getting these very dark, deathly images tattooed on themselves. Tee hee.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Trinity, her new tat covered the old mess.............but personally I thought her new one was hideous myself.

I don't mind tats. My girls have tasteful tats. Ones that were "mistakes" or omg I let a beginner practice on me that Nichole got, have been repaired and look nice.

They helped Nichole to beautify the scars (literally) of her teen years.

I don't have one. Dunno if I'll ever bother with one. Awful expensive for inking your skin in my opinion. And........honestly? Once you do get old and gravity takes hold and wrinkles set in? Ick is all I gotta say. LOL

trinityroyal

I saw it Lisa, and I agree with you. My curiosity got the better of me and I had to know.

I don't really have an issue with tattoos on other people. I would never get one, mainly because my skin is so thin and I develop keloids at the slightest provocation. I have scars from mosquito bites that I got 5 or 6 years ago. A tattoo, however beautiful, would turn into a giant lump of raised scar tissue in no time flat, so I just don't see the point.

dashcat

Tattoos are not for me. Still, I have seen some that look good on the tattooees. I think my difficult child might have two of the worst I've ever seen (though I don't have the prison security advantage lol!). He has a black triangle on her forearm. It's the symbol for the band "30 seconds to Mars" about whom she developed a sudden and inexplicable obsession. She got the tattoo about a month after discovering the band. Makes me kind of glad I never got that Partridge Family tattoo back in the day. On her other forearm is this odd video game character/icon that her former boyfriend drew for her. It is crooked, for one thing and, about 15 days after having been permanently inked on her forearm, became an anachronism.

I keep my mouth shut on the subject, but I am baffled that she would choose these two fleeting things to be included in her collection of now 5 tattoos.

Dash

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have three, I love two of them, one I wish I didn't get (easy child was getting one and convinced me to get one also, on my ankle), but it's small and dark -looks more like a smudge. I'd like to have that one fixed, in that I would brighten it up so it wasn't so dark, but I'm not that motivated to do it as it's right on the bone and that hurts like heck.

difficult child has..I think...FIVE. totally random. The first one was to cover some scarring she created on her inner ankle, that one is actually quite pretty. She got another one on her lower right abdomen and when she showed me it, she said I couldn't get mad because she had the artist put "Mom" in it - doh! She has a poem written in Italian on her wrist which came out HORRIBLE - looks very thick and clunky and crooked. She would like to one day have that fixed and I wish she would do it before her wedding. She has a HUGE Betty Boop on her right backside/hip area and while it's very well done and cute, really??? Betty Boop for eternity on your hiney? Did I mention it's huge?? And she has a multi colored star on the back of her neck. Oh yeah and another on the inside of her right wrist that is my mom's name, pretty. I don't mind tattoos at all, but I do sometimes have to wonder at the randomness of some people's tattoos.

easy child also has I think five or six. She has a lovely family tree on her side - it is literally from the mid hip up to her breastline. It has symbols within the bark that represent her closest family (Me, H, Exh, difficult child, easy child) - I really love that one. She has an elephant on her inner arm with an M in it for my grandma (?) but she loves elephants so that one is okay and it is well done. She has a tribal heart on her hip, her first one, and that one is nice. And she has a little dragonfly just under her breast, tiny (probably won't see it when she's older as her breasts will sag over it!). I think that's it.

H is firmly against tattoos and thinks we look like cracker trash. In rebellion against me getting my first one (at age 40) he grew a goatee because I hate those...hahahaha. He couldn't stand it anymore and shaved it off.

I've seen some pretty bad tattoos over the years as they've become so much more mainstream...but I've also seen some truly amazing art and cannot stop staring.

KTMom91

I'm the rebel in the family...the only one with tattoos. And I waited till I was in my 30's to get them! I have Winnie the Pooh on my tummy, and a lamb on my right ankle (because Mary has a little lamb).

I'm thinking about a Celtic knot of some kind, but since I can't decide exactly what I want, I'm waiting.