Would you guys stop...

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
When things got really bad around here that was my coping song. I would just start singing it around the kids. wow but they thought I had lost it time and time again however they didn't catch on. Other people did but they didn't.

beth

F

flutterbee

Great, Janet. I *wasn't* singing the Barney song. Until now.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Make it stop!

Seriously, though....the kids are going to the water park tomorrow. I plan on throwing in some CD's, cranking it up and singing til my heart's content. There will be no one here to interrupt me. :bigsmile:

Andy

Ring a round the rosy
Pocket full of posy
Ashes, Ashes,
We all fall down!

I suppose if I told you the meaning behind this song, you may look for another one for your perfect world.

Without naming the title (because I for one am honoring your request to not name songs), a song about someone (You are)
being your (My) bright shinging sun (Sunshine) may be a good replacement for Ring a round a rosy.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Next thing you know, I'll be picking up alien frequency through my fillings. :faint:And just think...I haven't even taken any of my 'loopy' medications today. quote]

So what you're saying is you "could" potentially get Sirius for free?

I don't think I would ever want to be serious.....not even for free....lol

I hate it when the lyrics are real words but just don't make any sense. Especially when I can't make sense of the lyrics I thought I heard, so I Google for the true lyrics and it turns out that they really don't make any sense. My favorite artist, Neil Young, is notorious for this, as is the band America.

DammitJanet

Ya know Heather...all the songs are just Blowin in the wind and You're so vain, you probably thought the songs were about you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Beet Hovens Fifth.....

D D D Dddddddddddddddddddddddah
D D D Dhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhah

Dha Dha husband Dha D Dhha Dha Dha Dddd Dddd Ddd Dhaaaaa

trinityroyal

Last night, I mentioned to husband that we were talking about music getting stuck in our heads.

So, my dear darling husband, started to serenade me as follows:

(Imagine a giant bear of a man, singing in a teeny weeny child-like voice)

Who can take a rainbow
Wrap it in a sigh
Smother it with love and make a strawberry-lemon pie
The Candy Man
(The Candy Man)
The Candy Man can
(The Candy Man can)
The Candy Man can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good
(Makes the world taste good)

Three guesses as to what's been playing in my head ever since...
(The first 2 don't count ;-)

Andy

Oh Trinity - I absolutely love "The Candy Man" song - sorry Heather, I really did try not to add to your misery but I haven't heard this song in a long time. And it would also make a good replacement to the Ring A Round A Rosy.

KTMom91

Has anyone else read the book "Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy"? There are several others by the same person, of course I can't remember his name, but he collects mis-heard lyrics. The things people hear are beyond hilarious!

Example...Rock the Catbox (Rock the Casbah)...Alex the Seal (Our Lips Are Sealed)...the opening line for Oh Sherry is Cinnamon gum (Should'a been gone)

mstang67chic

Going Green
When I was a wee one, I thought the song by BTO was Taking Care of BISCUTS instead of Taking Care of BUSINESS.

And it has stuck.

In my early 20's, I waitressed in a bar here in town. (where I met husband by the way, but I digress) Aaaaanyhoo, a cousin, my mom and my aunt came in one night and sat at a very prominent table. One of the old hags snuck up to the DJ booth when I wasn't looking and requested that song. THEN sat there and sang (loudly) along using "my" lyrics.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I have this Bee Gee's CD at work. They always ask for it. Now I have How Deep is Your Love stuck in my head.

Abbey

trinityroyal

When I was a wee one, I thought the song by BTO was Taking Care of BISCUTS instead of Taking Care of BUSINESS.

About 3 years ago, Little PCs favourite song was one by Paul McCartney and Wings. You know, Band on the ROAD (instead of Band on the Run).
He used to put on the stereo headphones and sing at the top of his lungs.

He had made-up lyrics for the rest of the song too, but I can't remember what they were. I WISH I had a video camera of it.

KTMom91

Many years ago, when I listened to country, Alan Jackson had a song out called "Right on the Money", and the line is supposed to be "bulls-eye perfect, she's right on the money." Miss KT was singing "bowls of perfect cheese, right on the money."

nvts

Had a friend in college who used to get totally wasted and sing "don't fool around tonight, cause if you're bound to take your life, there's a baboon on the right".

She loved American Werewolf in London and was convinced that those were the words!

People in the local pub used to scream for her to sing it!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH MY GOSH BETH -

I JUST found a Warren Zevon album with Werewolves of London on it - I actually got it because it is Dudes favorite song - that and Low Rider......But I thought it would be fun to have it playing for him on his birthday and then give him the album.

When we went to NDakota = DF would sing CCR -

Theres a bathroom on the right................