Would you like to see???

Marguerite

These are lovely, Linda. I especially like the intense colours you've used. Have you tried playing with pastels? You can get some amazing effects. One thing I enjoyed discovering about pastels - once you've drawn, smudged, blended etc to your heart's content, in one area, you can spray it with fixative and it preserves that bit you've done. You can always go back later and do more over the top. And the colours are like jewels.

We had to buy a lot of bits and pieces of art materials when difficult child 3 was studying art for school last year, so I had plenty of opportunity to play with it all, while showing him what to do. So I have oils, watercolours, acrylics and lots of other bits.

You're inspiring me.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I snuck in the picture of the tweedles - that is the picture that is on my Christmas card of the two of them. It is the only time, that I can recall, that the two of them did something together with such peace & cooperation & respect for each other. It's a picture I shall cherish. And saying that, I had to share it with you & will end up taking it down (from my artwork gallery website) given kt & wm's hx with bio family.

They are gorgeous children aren't they?

As for the artwork, I appreciate the kudos. This has become the 2nd most therapeutic outlet for me. I love playing with the shapes, the colors. I've become more daring with color; husband is fearful of the color scheme that I have written down for using here in the house.

I find that I have a sketchbook in my hands at almost all times. I work in charcoals, pencils (colored & regular), watercolor pencil & of course water color. I love traveling with the watercolor pencil because I can turn that into a painting if I choose to do this.

My sketchbook is almost a picture to my soul. It's amazing what I'm drawing versus journaling. There are sketches I choose to take on to the next level & draw them in ink, color pencil or take it onto a painting. There are others that belong simply in my sketchbook.

I can't explain it anymore than that.

Marg, my next endeavor is to take on pastels - husband asked if I would like a set for Valentine's day.

And I believe my first love will be the water color. I have so much to learn - so many ideas to try.

:painter:

susiestar

Roll With It
Linda,

Thank you for sharing these with us. Your talent is wonderful!!! I cannot draw to save my life. The tweedles are beautiful children, I appreciate the trust you have shown us by sharing the photo with us.

Keep on drawing/painting etc. I do have to say that the picture of the woman with her head in her hands is the one that really drew me. So much emotion shown in it, really compelling.

Hugs,

Susie

Penta

Wow! You are to be commended on your talent and use of color. I especially love the Sago palm piece. The colors are so vibrant and happy. Would you be interested in selling it? It would go so well with the color scheme in my apartment. Let me know! I'd love to purchase it.