Would you raise a toast to a memory of an extraordinary lady?

SuZir

My husband's granny passed away during weekend. Her death was unexpected, well as unexpected the death of someone firmly in her mid nineties can be, and sudden. We don't know the cause of death yet, but stroke or heart attack are good guesses. She died on her sleep and her SO had not waken up during the night, just found her dead at the morning.

We will of course greatly mourn her, but if someone has had a full life, she had. Her life was not void of tough times, great sorrows or losses, but it was certainly eventful and her highs were also high. She lived through many historical upheavals, saw and experienced a lot. Loved a lot, laughed a lot, gained a lot, lost a lot.

She was a woman I aspired to grow up to be like from the moment I met her. I will not reach that goal, but it is a worthy goal nonetheless.

She was incredibly strong personality, witty, sharp, opinionated and intellectual. Not one you wanted to cross, even though she was never crass, more a steel hand covered with velvet glove. But she was also kind and compassionate and had a huge heart.

She was never afraid to get her hands dirty and do what needed to be done. She had a will of steal and could work endlessly when she need to. But she was also born a Lady, she lived a Lady and died a Lady.

They don't make people like her any more.

Skål!

HMBgal

A lovely tribute to a remarkable woman. How wonderful for your family to have had her in your lives. Godspeed, dear lady!

DDD

Those extraordinary women are few and far between. I'm sorry for your loss and also for the community's loss. Hugs DDD

trinityroyal

A toast to a wonderful, inspirational lady, in celebration of a life well lived and in sadness at her passing. No matter how old they are when our beloved people leave us, it's always too soon.

I am so very sorry for your loss SuZir.

Many gentle hugs, Trinity.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
A toast to an exceptional soul. She may be missed but never forgotten.

She sounds a lot like my mother in law........and trust me, she is always in our thoughts and spoken of as much if not more than when she was with us. I'm trying hard to be like her too. I am in a lot of ways (which is why we got along so well), but I am also me.......so we will never be exactly alike no matter how much I try. There were things she admired about me that were different from her......I didn't see them as such the big deal she did, but that is sort of how it goes, isn't it?

You may be more like her than you realize, but still yourself too.......which is good.

I'm sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))