Would you send a good thought for husband's trip?

DDD

My husband is a wonderful man who hates to fly (or is afraid to fly?). Neither of us have flown for over ten years. Today he is flying to Maine to see his only brother who is not expected to survive the week. husband is so stressed (quietly, of course) that I'd love some good thoughts via cyberspace that the trip is a breeze and the emotions aren't overwhelming for him. His Bro is not in pain and has had a great life. DDD

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sending good thoughts for your husband and his flying as well as his brother's illness. It's good he is getting a chance to
see his brother. Hugs. I know several people who are resistant to flying due to anxiety or fear. It's difficult to be in the air when one wants to change his mind about trying it.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope his anxiety doesn't overwhelm him and that he has a safe trip. I'm sorry about his brother -- he's fortunate to be able to see him one last time. I hope there visit is a good one.

DammitJanet

Hope the trip is a good one. Nice that he gets to see his brother one last time. Hope he can keep his anxiety from making it a very uncomfortable trip in the air.

Star*

call 911........call 911
D3,

My wish for your husband is that the trip is uneventful, peaceful as it can be, and that he has a great reunion with his brother. Prayers just haven't stopped going to the D3 house this week, been kinda a rough one for you all. Hugs -

Star

DDD

Thanks. You're right that this has been a difficult week but
Warrior Moms survive...somehow, lol. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Just a little funny to help your day maybe. One of the men at work over heard part of a conversation I was having with DF about Dude and the recent visit. I'm extremely private about my home life so this was a real shocker, and was a very MILD bit of overheard information. VERY mild. The man turned to me and said "You know if my son ever called me at 11:00 and asked me how his puppy was that had ruined my wife's dining room carpet and her dining room table I think I would still be at the bar - on my third.......twelve pack."

I thought to myself......woosie. :tongue: - You'd need battle armor, a grenade launcher and a tank just to walk into any one of our dens.

DDD

It's nice to be able to share "the truth" around here where some other WM's can relate. Except for the Board everyone else I come in contact just knows that I have a killer cold and am not at home in bed sipping tea. A few know that easy child/difficult child has figured out how to "deal with" his alcoholism. Ready for this?? He doesn't drink when he goes out. He comes home at 2 (when the haunts close) and "has a couple of cups" to help him sleep. Oh yeah, that's normal! Right? DDD

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sending wishes for a safe, calm flight to Maine....... sorry about his brother, but it is nice to have a little time to say goodbye..........

trinityroyal

Sending good wishes your way, that husband has a calm and uneventful flight. So sorry about your brother in law, but I agree with WMM, nice that he has an opportunity to say goodbye.