Wow, have not melted down like this in ages.

crazymama30

Yeah, maybe this may not be a good time for a break from stimulant.

In the last hour it has taken all I have to keep my temper almost in check. difficult child has melted down more times than I can count, partially due to the fact that while I am at work husband lets the kids have way more leeway than I do. difficult child bought the jason movie series at a garage sale, a drill, all kinds of great stuff that I have now taken away. Argue, argue argue. Everytime he argued I sent him back to his room, which is really me taking him, and now 2 or 3 hrs later he is calm and decent. He will go back to his room if needed.

I forgot his morning abilify, you can bet your bottom dollar I will not do that again.

TerryJ2

Oh dear! It does take a while to get them back to "normal" again.

husband forgot difficult child's medication the other day and it was awful. We finally got difficult child to take it around 10:30 a.m. but it was 3 hrs of h*ll until then. :sad-very:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I really would not try stopping the stimulant until you, and I mean YOU, the parent who pays attention :tongue:, are home to closely observe him. Wait until school is out and you have a day off work.

Sorry he was such a PITA. Had similar issues with my difficult child 1 today. Turns out he did not put his patch on when I gave it to him. Talk about oppositional, rude and defiant! It was all I could do to keep from smacking him.

crazymama30

Problem is, in order to do that I have to miss work. I could use my fmla leave and take a week off, I have the time, but hate to do that as it makes everyone work short. But after this weekend, I think you are right.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Don't you get any days off? I'm not suggesting that it takes a week to know... just a day or two so you can get a good picture.