wow she's home and it's scary

klmno

If you're throwing out threats about cell phone, callong cops, or anything else and not sticking to them than it isn't going to get you anywahere. I understand you are exhausted and tired of dealing with it all, but this is just digging the bad habits in a bigger hole to repeat the same arguments, threats actions, and conjoling difficult child (really, they are both difficult children) on your and PCs part and things will never get better that way Jen. I'm not saying that to be mean but you can't keep doing the same things and think you're going to get a different result. And whoever said that 2 mos of therapy isn't going to solve this is correct. You had a month or so in Oregon with difficult child and you thought you had gotten the best therapist for yourself, had really regrouped and knew exactly how to keep things on track for yourself and family when you got home. But how long has that lasted? The point is, it can't work that fast and be long-lasting that way. I don't have all the answers for your family either but it sounds like you are just playing a part easy child already knows you're going to play and difficult child probably does this too. You are too busy reacting to actually act and be the one in control. And when your husband tries to take control in his own way, you get mad because you perceive that as him not backing you up. He's frustrated because he just sees the same ole thing playing out over and over.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Jena, you deserve a break. She will be an "adult" soon. Our entire family went through this torture with difficult child 2. He lived in Lalaland, aided and abetted by people who thought we were too hard on him because we wanted him to get an education. The lax laws concerning teen rights in our state were very destructive as well. Now he has to fend for himself. He knows we love him but he has made his own choices. He's getting married this Summer. They are both struggling to make some decent money and will have some hefty loans to pay back. Life would have been so much easier if he had accepted his opportunities. Too bad, so sad! Ain't it grand to make your life altering decisions when your brain is still immature?

I haven't seen his enablers offer to help pay his way through college, and that includes the state of Maine which kept us from protecting him from self destruction "because he has rights".

I know I sound like a witch, but he tortured our immediate as well as our extended family. He is reaping what he sowed. I don't think his life will be a bed of roses.