Wow, this new board!

Tiapet

Old Hand
This is going to get some taking used to. Very big change from all the old ones but I think I really like the way it's laid out and all the formatting as well. Seem easy enough to use. I hope everyone else finds that to be true. I mean at first it does look very confusing but then it's not.

Hope everyone stays warm and safe for this next weekend round of storms!

InsaneCdn

I was kind of surprized that Cheryl would try a major upgrade on "Friday the 13th"... when it took quite a while, I thought something had gone wrong.

My only complaint is... how come YOUR posts have the "like" list of options... and most of the other's don't?

Lothlorien

There is a new app that Cheryl added yesterday. It's way more easy to navigate around than the old app. Look it up in the android app store. The Apple version will take longer, but for those of you with android phones, it's available now.:hapydancsmil:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Is there a way to change the colors/screen? My screen currently has a light blue background and the signatures for most of the members are very small and light gray and unreadable for someone with vision issues.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm with Suz on this. The profiles are impossible to read as it sits right now. Will we have some choices in backgrounds like we had on the old board?

InsaneCdn

OK, so maybe my eyes aren't as bad as I thought. I have no problem reading the profiles. But... the light blue color does drive me a bit batty. Options are a good thing, for different reasons.

Once things settle down a bit, maybe our favorite administrator will find a way to help us...

DammitJanet

I agree the profiles are mighty light and harder to read for many of us with eye issues. Im trying to figure out if I can change my font permanently and not have to go in each time I post.

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
The colors of the text have been darkened and 2 additional background color choices have been added.

style chooser.png

Tiapet

Old Hand
I found 1 issue just now that I don't like. Inbox- your old conversations when someone replies aren't there. Only their reply. That was useful for contextual purposes at times, especially if they don't use "quotes" of what you previously said.

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
It is a nice update I think.
What about an app for Windows phone? I tried Tapatalk on there and it didn't seem to post my thread even though it appeared to.:_confused:

ETA: I replied to the wrong post. I couldn't tell if the "reply" was for the post above it or post below it.