Wow! This video hits home!

JKF

My friend just sent me a link to this video. It gives an idea as to what learning disabled kids go through. It really gave me some perspective into what my easy child/difficult child probably goes through daily. It's a long video - over an hour - but wow! Just wanted to share in case anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNFoc1On7qQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

InsaneCdn

I wish they could do one for each of the different challenges.
Any idea what it's like for a kid with an Auditory Processing Disorders (APD) related to auditory figure ground?
How about sensory challenges?
It's more than just LDs but... those are part of the picture too.

L

Liahona

What is it called? I'm having trouble with the link and my copy and paste is fighting me tonight (and winning.)

JKF

Lia - it's called "fat city how difficult can this be". That's the YouTube name.

This is the description of the video from Amazon:

How Difficult Can This Be? The F.A.T. City Workshop: Understanding Learning Disabilities (2004)

This unique program lets viewers experience the frustration, anxiety, and tension faced by children with learning disabilities. Workshop facilitator Richard Lavoie presents a series of striking simulations emulating daily experience of Learning Disability (LD) children. Teachers, social workers, and parents, workshop participants, reflect upon how the workshop changed their approach to Learning Disability (LD) children. Includes discussion of mainstreaming discipline and self-concept.

Like I said - this really gave me a new perspective on what my easy child/difficult child goes through daily. Although a bit on the "older" side - it's a fantastic video!