Wow!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Back when we lived in Dayton, easy child had a best friend. The girls had been friends for years. Friend was a nice, polite, sweet girl....a bit nerdy. The girl was an honor student and totally easy child. The girls had been really close. They even wrote to each other for a couple of years when we moved down here to southern ohio.

Then they lost touch.

easy child has been searching MySpace and Facebook (or whatever that's called) and such sites for her bff for years in hopes of re-connecting.

Frustrated, last week she just did a general internet search. What she came up with blew her mind.:surprise:

Her bff had graduated college and become a Jr High teacher. When easy child did her search, articles and such came up. Seems her friend is currently in prison for having sex with a 15 yr old student! OMG!

I still imagine this woman as that little girl. Hard to believe she'd ever consider doing such a thing. easy child is still having trouble coming to grips with it.

You just never know. Dang.:faint:

klmno

You mean the friend that became a teacher had sex with a young girl and is now in prison? Geeeeezzzzz....No, I guess you don't ever know.

klmno

Still, with a male, I think it's wrong. (I realize you weren't defending her.) I just hear stories about teachers and male students more and more- I'm not sure if that's due to difficult child's age and me just paying more attention to it or not. But, I'd have a problem if a teacher had a relationship with my son before he reaches adulthood- even if he was the one to pursue it.

But back to your point, I guess we never really know people as well as we think sometimes, huh?

TerryJ2

Sigh.
You can never predict things like that. Just because someone is book smart doesn't mean they have common sense or self control.