WTH Respite care

H

HaoZi

No, she complained about it prior to the bath. I think it's related to her stuffy nose/sinus issues.

buddy

I always want to kick myself (though we can't predict it, just my mommy wish) when I find out that Q has something going on physically when he has a bad day. and it is nearly every time.... moments during the day are normal... a full bad day usually is a headache, an itching episode, sore throat etc.... yeah, that stinks.

Q loves a bath when he picks out the smelly stuff he loves to use in the tub... (good smelly stuff). Luckily there are manly products now, LOL

Steely

Sending many comforting hugs. I know, and deeply understand how these kids can bring the best of moms to their knees within hours.

H

HaoZi

Seems the respite care place had a different number I could have called, but couldn't hear it over Kiddo's yelling in my ear and they were having some technical difficulties as well. So hopefully that'll all get worked out. More hopefully she won't do this again, because as soon as I mention this to psychiatrist I can guarantee her tegretol will go up. Although it is four weeks after her first bout of PMS... hmmm... she might have weird PMS where it hits around ovulation time instead around cycle time. Anyway she goes to psychiatrist Tues.

keista

she might have weird PMS where it hits around ovulation time instead around cycle time.
Not so weird. And the really unlucky ones get it twice a month - at ovulation and traditional PMS times!

I used to go through this with difficult child 1 and difficult child 2. Both of them refused to shower, get in the tub, brush their teeth, comb their hair, etc., etc., etc. When difficult child 1 got home from day camp, he would go through the trouble of running the water in the shower, staying in the bathroom long enough so he would think I thought he bathed, change his clothes, head straight for his room and his computer. Even with clean clothes, he still smelled, his hair was dry, greasy, and he still was covered in dirt. Once I asked him why his hair was dry. He told me it dries very quickly. Right, and I just won megabucks, lol... difficult child 2 would get into the shower and come out looking much like difficult child 1 with the addition of food all over his face. I used to go through HE77 trying to get them to bathe!! Sorry you have the same problem with kiddo. Hugs, SFR

P.S. As soon as difficult child 1 became seriously interested in girls, we couldn't get him out of the shower. We had to threaten to remove his computer to get him to budge. Once he was out, he smelled like he dumped an entire bottle of cheap aftershave all over himself - Honestly, I don't know which was worse, lol...

P.S.S. Hope kiddo is feeling better today!!

I hope things are better now. I understand needing a break. You are doing a good job not cracking up :hi5:. I have cracked up over less!

My son's school has a "club" for non-bathers, where they teach them all the steps. They believe in some cases there is a processing problem mixed with sensory issue. So you get a pre-teen or teenager with hormones starting to burble around in them, and a desire to bathe by themselves, but 400 steps to taking a proper bath or shower. If we think about it, there is a lot to do during a shower, while ignoring the water coming down in eyes and ears, proper water temperature, not slipping, not dropping stuff, plus all the proper steps....step out of water flow, pick up the shampoo, take off lid, pour proper amount in hand, then in hair, then....etc, you know....

When they are little we do it for them, but when they get older and may still need help with steps, we often forget what an involved process the shower is.

Maybe a new house rule -- no one comes to supper table dirty. Family shows up to table with body and hair clean. If she is hungry, she will bathe?
Also little bit of kudos about how nummy she is when she is clean...nuzzle, hugs, atta-girls, etc...
Dunno, just being creative. Hang in there.