Wynter - How's Abbey today? bby31288 - updates on Prom?

F

flutterbee

Thank you for checking. :)

Abbey is about the same. She's still under my bed, still not moving much, still not eating or drinking, still feels hot. She did come out last night and use the litter box, so that's good.

I'm trying not to worry too much. That's kinda like telling me not to breathe....

bby31288

Thanks for asking. easy child has decided to attend the prom alone. Her boyfriend will get dressed in his tux for pictures at our house, then they will go to another girls house to take group pictures, drop easy child off at the prom and go home. husband offered to attend with her, but she declined, she declined most of our ideas. Oh well. Needless to say she is disappointed, but realized its not the end of the world. I try to keep things in perspective for her, like I told her there is a war going on! I am sure she will have a good time. Then husband and I are heading down to Wildwood, NJ a beach town with a boardwalk. easy child will be staying there for the weekend with a group of people. We decided to let her go, but we will be driving her and whoever wants to come with us, and drive them back on Sunday. This way we can be close in case of an emergency. Otherwise, these 17 year old kids want to pile 4 and 5 kids in a car and drive 2 hours away on the parkway by themselves. Not gonna work for us!!

Lothlorien

Good idea bby! With all of the teenage accidents that have happened in NJ lately, it's best to drive them and keep an eye on things. Be careful!!!! Prom weekends are dangerous on the roads!

bby31288

Loth, I hear ya about the accidents. PCs bestfried was killed in a crash this past October. 5 kids in the car of a 17 year old with a provisional license. Just drivers inexperience, but she was killed. So it hits home hard!