Wynter Update

F

flutterbee

Well, she passed!!!! Last day of school isn't until Wednesday, but I talked to one of her teacher's this afternoon. Ok. She's a smart cookie and I should be upset that she just passed by the skin of her teeth, but with my health issues and her difficult child-ness...I'll take it. Next year, though, she won't get by as easy.

Her friend moved into the neighborhood over the weekend. She spent yesterday afternoon and evening with her and she was like a different kid. She was actually happy. She smiled, she giggled, she was bubbly. It made my heart smile.

Just wanted to share.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Good news is always great to share! I hope she has a really good summer with you... and that next school year goes better.

wakeupcall

Isn't it a trip when you witness them acting like a normal child? Ya know, I bet it felt wonderful to her, too, to just laugh with a friend! I remember those days myself, though it's been a very long time ago.

meowbunny

Glad to hear she passed. I'm even happier to hear her friend has moved in. This might make a huge difference for her. Let's hope her friend can help her make other friends.

B

butterflydreams

That is so wonderful! You know passing by the skin of her teeth is still passing! (I am hoping for the same this year for my difficult child). With our difficult child's
I think we have to adjust our expectations, particularly when they are having a tough time.

Christy

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just saw this post!!! I am SO happy for you and Wynter... Any good news be it school or friends is great for our girls! or any of our kids...
Hope the friendship sticks and her upbeat attitude, you deserve a break from the 'tude!

F

flutterbee

They've been friends since they met at the babysitter's when they were 4, so they've been friends for a long time.

They spent the afternoon and evening together again last night. Such a difference in Wynter.

She went to the ER with me and we were there for 3 hours. She was tired and there's nothing to do and she didn't complain once. It's amazing the difference a little happiness can bring.

Thanks for the support. :)