XBOX question

klmno

I'm illiterate when it comes to that thing (I can't spell anymore either). LOL! difficult child has an XBOX 360 that has been turned off for a year. It's in the game room with a TV and I never go out there except to poke my head in and make sure no one has broken in to steal anything. I went in today to check and make sure the XBOX still works- I think he might have bought it refurbished but I can't remember for sure if it was brand new. Anyway, previous game boxes are like the VCR or DVD player- the TV gets set to channel 3 or 4 and the box gets turned on and automatically shows up on the tv.

This didn't happen with the XBOX today and I don't know why. It came on, it had a game in it, the tv came on, and cords were connected. I haven't used that tv in so long that I can't remember if I need to switch something on it to over-ride the cable tv and go to the game. I'm clueless- can anyone help? I'll ask difficult child when he calls but he can't remember hardly anything about detailed stuff at home now.

DammitJanet

Jamie has xbox 360. I cant remember how it hooks up. Lord knows, I am video game illiterate now. I think it just goes through the cable and switches to game system. I know Jamie switches from satellite to the game somehow.

Tell ya what, when Billy gets home tonite, I will have him come here to answer you if no one else does.

klmno

Never mind...difficult child just called and he remembered exactly what to do so he walked me thru it. There was a place I had to switch from tv to video (game) and this tv is weird- you had to push the volume button to enter it before it would actually change. So it works- that will give him something to do while on house arrest.

Occupational Therapist (OT)- the PO called today and said difficult child would not have to wear the ankle bracelet while on house arrest so that's good. That beeping and me having to call in for permission to take difficult child to the store with me a day ahead of time was a PITA.

klmno

Oh yeah- he had to do that before and when a difficult child has a complex and IS a difficult child with few or no friends, going to school with an ankle bracelet and having to dress out in PE, etc, is a pathway to disaster. He'll have enough of a transition- he told me Sunday that he had to pass a "cicvilian" boy/teen one day on the path (I guess the boy had come as part of family therapy for another inmate) and difficult child said he couldn't speak and felt nervous when the boy said hello to him. And difficult child isn't gay- it wasn't a nerviousness like when you meet someone you're interested in- he said he just felt so weird with someone "free" who's his age talking to him. That's why I'm a little worried about him feeling comfortable around kids in school who haven't been in big trouble before- hopefully the mentor can help with that, and maybe his old best friend will be friendly to him.