Xmas fiasco's

DammitJanet

Well...so far we somehow forgot to take out the ham from the freezer! I have no clue who even put it in the freezer when we bought it on Saturday. That was a mistake. I know I didnt. I dont think husband did but I really dont know who did. We bought groceries for Xmas dinner and brought all that stuff home and somehow it got put in the freezer. Ok...not good but we can salvage this with low heat and foil.

Of course that doesnt mean we didnt have a temper tantrum about it...sigh.

Keyana has slowly made her way through most of her toys. She was scared of what we thought would be the things she would like best but she is slowly coming around.

She actually tossed down a talking elmo in favor of a doll and princess stove...lmao.

Well, I know I would prefer a princess stove, too! I hope your ham turns out ok, maybe you could put it in the sink and fill it with water to defrost. Then keep changing the water.

I'm happy to say that my difficult child and easy child's are having a nice time, enjoying each others company. Nobody complained about any of their gifts either!!!! It's very peaceful here.

Your grandchildren,Janet are so beautiful! Love Keyanas hair, and the cheeks on that baby- precious!!Mery Christmas all-Alyssa

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> She actually tossed down a talking elmo in favor of a doll and princess stove...lmao. </div></div>

Too cute, Janet. boyfriend and Nichole were all excited about buying Aubrey the Up Up Elmo, thought she'd love it..... Well, she took one look at it and went back to playing with the Lil People xmas train I have as a decoration. lmao Seems she's a bit hooked on that train. :smile:

Goodness! Too bad about xmas dinner winding up in the freezer! Glad you can salvage it.

Hugs

:santa:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I've lived with ADHD boy aka "Chatty Cathy" for years - ANYTHING that was quiet and allowed me to have a fantasy over a talking jabberwocky would be priority - even if it was a stove!

DammitJanet

Well..the ham turned out just fine. Cory and Tony will find that out when they get home from hunting. Tonys present to Cory was finally taking him deer hunting yesterday and today. Cory has pouted all season that he hasnt been able to go and Tony simply told him his behavior didnt warrant it so this was very special to Cory.

Keyana finally came around to her programmable Elmo. It is really cute. You use this CD that comes with it and program in her name, foods she likes, friends, family members..etc. Then we had to talk her into playing in her new bounce house. At first she thought it was some sort of prison...lol. Once we got her used to the fact that she could bounce like on the bed and not fall down and get hurt and that she could climb in and out...all was fine.

The doll babies and stove are still a big hit. I am finding little girls fascinating. Who knew that at 18 months they would be old enough for pretend play like tea parties and cooking and feeding their babies...lmao. Her stove talks and has running water sounds and is so cute.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dammit Janet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The doll babies and stove are still a big hit. I am finding little girls fascinating. Who knew that at 18 months they would be old enough for pretend play like tea parties and cooking and feeding their babies...lmao. Her stove talks and has running water sounds and is so cute. </div></div>

:smile:

Barbara

Marguerite

It's when you see them breastfeeding their dolls... mind you, seeing little boys breastfeeding their dolls really is a mental challenge!

We had a Christmas catastrophe one year. We were in the country, at husband's parents' place. Uncle & aunt lived next door. We got the roast pork off to a start by oiling/salting the skin then putting it in a searing hot oven for half an hour, to make it crackle. Then we turned the oven down to the correct, cooler setting and left for a couple of hours to visit aunt and uncle. We kept an eye on the clock and went back when it was time to check the roast pork. But when we got back - the smell was unmistakeable. Dead pig. Turned out, when we turned down the oven, we blew a big fuse without realising it, and the element burned out. All the time we were visiting the relatives, the roast had cooled to ideal incubation temperatures. The combination of the hot start, plus the hot Aussie summer weather, meant that we had just brewed up a toxic Christmas dinner that now had to be thrown away.

We ate salad.

Marg