Xmas shopping is exhausting!

DammitJanet

I left the house about noon and went on a frenzied spree...lol. Jamie and his family are coming next weekend so I had to make sure everything was ready for them so I decided I would just get everything done and over with all at once. I am done except for a few things for Tony and some make up for Mandy off that make up site Susiestar posted.

I got really lucky at my Office Depot and grabbed the last Kindle Fire they had. Billy is covered. He is gonna be thrilled. I have never been able to get him anything really nice like that before. I got my layaway out of walmart and took back a couple of dolls that I had put in there for the girls that I decided I really didnt like anymore. Cory is getting the American Girl doll for Keyana since her mom has decided she cant afford it (gag me) so I am getting other things. I nabbed a cool 7" android tablet for Keyana on Amazon for $102. After Uncle Billy gets done with it, she will be thrilled. He will load it up with apps, videos, music and a couple of movies. What more could a girl want? (Especially at 5!)

Cory is going to go absolutely wild when he finds out I actually added him to my phone plan and bought him a smartphone. I do need to get him an Otterbox to put his phone in though. Billy needs to do his magic on the phone before he can take it home.

The other kids are taken care of as well. Hailie is getting one of those Fisher Price camera's that take still picture's and videos and some other things. Mikey is getting that Fisher Price Zoo, a Vtech Bowling game and a remote control car.

Whew. Now I am tired and have ordered Chinese food and Tony better rub my back tonight.

Nancy

Wow Janet you did good. I got my husband the kindle fire too. I hope he likes it. He's a big reader and I got him the kindle last year and he uses it all the time but I thought he would like this for when he traveled but I'm almost afraid he will think it's too high tech.

Nancy

BusynMember

Janet, you made me tired just reading your post...lol. I have some shopping still to do so my day is coming. I have stuff on layaway at Walmart this year (glad they brought layaway back). I'm getting a Kindle too...for ME...lol! I never buy myself anything.

My son and daughter-in-law who live in Missouri will get gift cards...I don't know what to get them. Already got grandson a lot of neat toys (electronics for three/four year olds). Jumper got most of her stuff in advance, but I picked up a few other goodies. PastryChef is graduating in two weeks so I stocked up on stuff she can use to cook, since that is her passion.

How is everyone else doing???

DammitJanet

LOL...Tony is getting new coveralls for work, I am upgrading his cellphone too so he can play games on it. I will also pick him up some new socks and a few warm shirts to work in. I got him a really warm jacket just a few weeks ago that I was going to save for Xmas but gave it to him already because he needed it for work.

DammitJanet

Nancy...Billy is my hi tech kid. I am actually looking forward to seeing what this thing does. If anyone in my family would enjoy it besides me, it will be Billy.

klmno

I think you two need something special- quality time alone without any other pressures or timeline, just for a while. Something romantic. Not something just for him- but something you both could enjoy.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow, Janet! Sounds like a good shopping day. :)

I got Brandon the FP zoo, omg that thing is soooo cute!

I did the kids yesterday, "adults" I should say........well for the most part anyway. At kmart they had these roadside emergency kits on sale for 13.00, I bought 4; one for easy child, one for her husband, one for Nichole and one for her husband. They all spend quite a bit of time on the highway and the winter is supposed to be bad. I just thought it was a good idea. I got Nichole her waffle maker. Saw a cupcake maker that was the coolest thing I've ever seen, had a terrible time not picking it up for her. (she loves making cupcakes and decorating them)

I *think* the grandkids are done except a big gift for Connor. Was thinking the FP farm, just wish it was as cute as the zoo is.

DammitJanet

I like the farm too. How old is conner now? Does he like cars?

Last year I got Mikey this race track thingy that went round and round and the cars came out and he LOVED it! More than any other toy he got.

Oh on the zoo...did you get any extra animals because it only comes with like two I think and I was warned on some reviews online to get extras because the monkey isnt even included which is highlighted on the front of the box! Let me go get the picture of the race track. Dang...cant find it but I just saw it the other day at Walmart. It must be discontinued and leaving. I see the ones standing up. They have cars that have balls in the center of the cars to make them roll instead of wheels like hot wheels. Really cute. I also got Mikey a little remote control car that will bump into the walls and turn around and its for 18 months and up but it works with a carrot...lol.

DammitJanet

Hey...can I ask a favor from anyone? I am hunting a pair of cheap boots from Walmart for Keyana. They are 15.97 but they are out of stock online and they dont have her size at my two stores locally. This is the name of them
[h=1]Faded Glory - Girls' Gigly II Lace-Up Pom Pom Boots[/h]
She needs a size 1 girls. If someone can find them I will send you the money plus enough to ship them to me. I cant find any under 50 bucks even close to looking like them. These actually have a zipper so she can get her foot in them. Most I find even looking close are closer to a hundred bucks!

klmno

Oh KOI- I just came back from walmart- ok- let me see if I can find them Mon or Tues since my hotel is right next to a walmart and I always end up going to buy munchies. If you want, PM me or keep this thread at the top because my memory just hoovers lately. But let me know if someone else gets them, ok?

DammitJanet

You might find them there K...where you are I doubt many are looking for snow. They actually had some here but none in Keyana's size...or I should say they had one pair in her size but the toe of one pair of the boots was damaged badly. Sliced apart in areas all over the top part of one of the toe areas. Looked like it got caught in a machine.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Janet, there are 2 stores within 20 miles of me that have them in limited stock. Did you have a preference on tan or black? They don't have a "check store availability for the black unfortunately. Tomorrow morning I would be happy to run, I need to go to Wal Mart anyway. I will let you know whether I am successful!!!

donna723

Janet, if you did that all in one shopping trip, you have my sincere admiration! I made my one and only venture into the stores yesterday afternoon, just for a few hours, and I felt like someone had whopped me with a 2x4 by the time I got home! It wasn't even that crowded. And I only went to three stores and one was just a quick trip in to buy dog food! I was looking for a few things in Walmart but they had moved a lot of things to accomodate all the Christmas stuff and I couldn't find what I was looking for ... I must have pushed that cart for 20 miles around that Walmart!

DammitJanet

Well I did all that yesterday and then today I went out to get Tony's phone upgraded. I have spent the afternoon putting games, apps, and widgets on his phone. I had to show him how to access his email...lol. Had to tell him what his password was. He never gets online.

He got home from hunting and I had him practice typing in the letters on the phone...not easy for him. Its all touch but he wanted games. Now he is playing strip blackjack...lmao. ( I think he is losing!)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet if step can't find them at hers, I will look at mine and check.

I went shopping with the girls today, without kids. Sooooooo what did I do?

I bought Nichole some decorations for super cheap at a xmas store. Her husband Mr Tightwad doesn't want to part with money for such things. These were cheap enough, and cute enough, that I didn't mind. easy child spoiled her some too. And I got Aubrey a lil gingerbread apron for when she's helping mommy bake, which is often, a santa book.......and a snowman making kit that was adorable for 5 bucks. Like I said, I warned everyone she's the only lil girl I got and by darn Nana is gonna have fun shopping for her while I've got the chance. :rofl:

I bought me my first coat since Travis was a baby at 60 percent off.......easy child and Nichole both were like omg! but we priced around and by darn coats are expensive! But I needed it bad, so bit the bullet. Got yarn on sale, the pounder size, for 2.00 off and snatched up a bunch........crocheting and knitting are keeping me sane right now. Cheaper is always better. lol

I can't be for certain until I take my walmart layaway out, but I think Connor and easy child are the last 2 I have to still get something for............other than Travis who drives me crazy to buy for.

We were out all day..........walked all day. I am exhausted and sore. Tomorrow I will clean, but tonight I'm sitting with my feet propped up. lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL I will definitely try! The Super WalMart that has them "in limited stock" is the one I wanted to go to, and I have GOT to find some potholders for my Mom, so it's a win all around. Especially if I can find them for you!

I'm done for Onyxx. Jett almost. I'm jamming their stockings with stuff like toothbrushes, etc. And the Band Boosters just came by selling tangelos or grapefruit for $5. HUGE bags. I'd probably pay $3.99 for half what is in the bag. husband can't have grapefruit... And I LOVE tangelos.

Just have to check out on the Amazon site, and go look at the Wireless site...

DammitJanet

You know what I love and always get at Xmas? Clementines. Love them! I think they are really mandarin oranges but they just call them clementines for some strange reason. At least they taste and look the same to me...lol. I probably eat two crates of those puppies every xmas!