Ya know the little girl who stuck a staple in the outlet last week?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
She got stuck in the time out chair again today in the same room.
The time out spot has now moved. Its a chair that is visible to the teacher from all areas of the room, so that's an improvement.
However, the open-backed chair is smack in front of....yup, you guessed it!
Another open outlet!

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow. Someone isn't paying attention. I find it hard to believe the school can't invest $100 in those little outlet covers - that should do a lot of rooms.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
You should anonymously leave a bag of outlet covers in the class! Maybe with a note, something like, "Would hate to see the SD have to waste tax dollars on lawsuit over child getting hurt"
Or something like this just to maybe "nicely" get the point across.
That is crazy.

helpangel

OK I'm smiling as I type this so please take it with a sense of humor that it was intended. (I'm probably gonna get slammed anyway LOL) There is a thing called survival of the fittest and if that little girl got shocked after shoving something metal into an outlet, then she does it again...

I don't think she has much of a chance of survival on this planet anyway. :highvoltage:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
OK I'm smiling as I type this so please take it with a sense of humor that it was intended. (I'm probably gonna get slammed anyway LOL) There is a thing called survival of the fittest and if that little girl got shocked after shoving something metal into an outlet, then she does it again...

I don't think she has much of a chance of survival on this planet anyway. :highvoltage:

Funny. I'm laughing!

I actually post this tongue in cheek, so to speak. My son was suspended for being pulled out from under a desk, against what is in his IEP, because....drum roll please...there was an outlet near him and that wouldn't be safe.

Idiots.

helpangel

Hi Shari,
I've been following a couple of your posts, and I join in with the general consensus that someone needs to shake that pretty boy principal until something jiggles loose in his brain. For what it's worth I think replacing that principal might fix a lot of what's wrong at difficult child's school.

I went thru a few battles with Angel's school over sleeping this year also. They were holding a timer going off right next to her head then sending her to ILE (seclusion) when she took a swing at them - out of ILE at 1:40 for something that happened at 8:30 am. Once I notified the school in writing I want them to quit punishing my kid for her disability and side effects of medications; they got with the program and started working with us better. Now they let her rest undisturbed for an hour then give notice of time on 15 minute intervals, if she sleeps more then 2 hours I get a call. Once I went up at 9:30 took her home gave her a shower (that woke her up LOL) and had her back at school by 10:30. For some reason during unstable times Angel will go for weeks without bathing or changing clothes, for that reason she has some hygene goals in her IEP. Sorry I didn't mean to hijack your post just wanted you to know I'm dealing with some similar issues with my kids.

Anyway about the little girl in the naughty chair I was afraid I was going to upset some of the parents with my "if that little girl gets zapped again she's too stupid to live anyway attitude" LOL.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Its nice to know I'm not alone with having to put his dress and wash habits in his IEP.

Still kinda sad.

I can't speak for everyone else, but your comment made me laugh. I hope she doesn't get fried, tho. She's a little ham-bone in the making. Nothing phases her. Probably not so great for her school career, but she's an independant little thing, and I like her! lol Quirks and time out chair and all!

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
I can't believe it's near another outlet!! They must really not like that girl! I'm glad they moved the time out spot so all can see the child now - but whatever happened with your difficult child? Are they going to "un" punish him? Just curious? I must say - I don't know if its what we deal with every day or what but I must admit I laughed out loud when I read the post!
-Dara

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I haven't even had time to address the previous suspensions re: this.

I want to, but I'm barely keeping my head above water as it is.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I join in with the general consensus that someone needs to shake that pretty boy principal until something jiggles loose in his brain. For what it's worth I think replacing that principal might fix a lot of what's wrong at difficult child's school.QUOTE]

Shake, shake, shake,
Shake, shake, shake,
Shake his bootie

(everybody disco)

It would/could work IF he had a brain

helpangel

OK Star you caught me just being silly because everyone already knows if pretty boy had a brain he would be dangerous.

Shari I'm so sorry school is giving you such a hard time, the sharks are circling here too... but like any true warrior mommy I'm not going out without a fight!

Marguerite

Definitely candidates for Darwin Awards.

Sung by pretty boy:

"I could occupy the seasons
Explaining all the reasons,
Oh, the staff that I would train!
All these kids I'd be helpin',
Great success we'd be whelpin'
IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN!!"

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ah, my humor is not completely lost!

I can see him now, clicking his heels, elbow to elbow with Dorothy....

Alttlgabby

Anyway about the little girl in the naughty chair I was afraid I was going to upset some of the parents with my "if that little girl gets zapped again she's too stupid to live anyway attitude" LOL.

LOL!!! I laughed! I knew you didn't mean it to be mean. Sometimes we have to learn to have a sense of humor about these kids at times to save our sanity!