Ya Know What? Just a bit irritated.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
All those tries for that darn RN entrance exam. All that studying.........:mad:

This quarter I'm taking the Math class they recommend before the pharmacology class. And ya know what?? This is the stinking Math on the test!!!!!:mad: Burns me up. Why? Because this sort of math isn't really taught in "normalish" math courses. I did get exposed to it in chemistry, which may be why I didn't bomb the math section completely. But unless it's in courses past geometry......I've never seen it.

No wonder I didn't have a clue. :faint:

This course should be required before taking that exam, or at least highly recommended.:mad: This explains why everyone does lousy on the math section of that test.

So..........Yeah. gonna try that test one more time. After the Math course. That timer still may not be on my side......but at least I'll know what the h*ll I'm doing. Oh, and this Math teacher is good about teaching formulas with built in shortcuts. And we're learning it all without the aide of a calculator. Because it's on the tests that way.

And I get a bit tickled in class..........because I'm pretty fast at it. All those attempts to teach myself, even when I didn't know what I was doing, did some good. Most of the other students are lost and rusty on their basic math skills.:D And I swear thru every class session I keep thinking, "Gee, that would've been handy to know on the test." lol

Oh, and I've been officially accepted into the LPN class for March. (unless I pass the RN test, then I can switch over and join them in the fall)

klmno

Wow, Lisa!! I know that it's frustrating to see that now- but all in all- this sounds like great news to me- especially the part about already being officially accepted into the LPN program, and still knowing you can take the RN test. You hang in there- you are going to get where you want to be!!

M

ML

I'm sorry for the frustration but sooo incredibly proud of your tenacity in sticking with this. You will be an awesome nurse!

KTMom91

Of course they should tell you to take that math class before taking the test...but then people wouldn't have to pay to take the test over again!

You'll be great!