Yahoo! I did it!

nvts

I wrote a whole bunch in the General Forum, but had to crow to you guys:

NYC has 2 district for our borough. Gen Ed and Special Education. Gen ed has a Special Education program within it, but not for really behavioral kids - more like Learning Disability (LD)'s, speech/Occupational Therapist (OT), developmentally disabled (non-severe) kids, etc.

All 3 difficult child's were in the Spec. Ed district (mostly Conduct Disordered or Emotionally Disturbed kids. It was an incorrect placement.

Long story short after 6.5 hours yesterday, I got all 3 put back into the Gen Ed Special Education program!

I'm doin' a jig! :xmasdancers:

I had an advocate friend come (a real bulldog), but by the 3rd IEP, I had it down and ripped the brand new psychologist a new one - my friend was SHOCKED - she later said that she stepped back because she didn't expect me to spit venom! I totally threw down on this kid and told him I was done, filing an impartial hearing and intended to eat him alive in court. I'd had enough and wasn't playing this game. I told him, I've got 3 kids that you KNOW have disabilities and a 6 month old home waiting for me. Since this was a game to him, I was packing up my toys and going home and I'd see him in court.

Neener, neener neener! I WON!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
(note to self - send bandages and stitches to new school psychologist for ripped new one)

YOU GO WARRIOR MOM!!!!!!!!! FIERCE AND FIERY SHE STOOD BEFORE THE DRAGON AND THWARTED HIS FLAME WITH HER OWN BLOW TORCH!!!!!!!
((((((((((((((BAAAAAAAWWWWWHOOOOOOOOOOSHHHH)))))))))))))))))

and then he was .........toast.......

(note to self- 2nd thought send Marmalade - this goes much better with toast than bandages)

PROUD OF YOU OH KEEPER OF THE ETERNAL FLAME~~~~~~:warrior:

nvts

I wanna be you when I grow up!

Seriously, I'll pay your train fair to come to NJ and do that for my kids!

You don't have to supply the train fair! I LOVE driving around Jersey! For fun in High School we'd all pitch in money for gas, pile into the car and see if we could get lost in New Jersey - I could throw rocks at Perth Amboy, South Amboy and a touch of Woodbridge! I worked in Basking Ridge, Morristown, Parsippany, Piscataway, Edison and Old Bridge - I love NJ, I just can't afford the property taxes! :D:tongue:

I'll tell you what did the most good - I brought samples of their school work, their picture on their individual binders that I had put together, verbatims from the kids about the goings-on in their school and testimonials from past/current teachers and guidance counselors.

When anything was different from the written reports, I insisted that he call the individual ON SPEAKER because that person then becomes a participant in the meeting, therefore we had the right to ask questions. I don't know how true that is, but they bought it because I made it sound like something official! ;)

Beth