Yard Sale

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
First day went exceptionally well. (first day was yesterday)

We had lots of people. Were told by many it was the best yard sale they'd been to because the others were priced waaaay too high. We kept in mind there are many many people out of work here and we did not want to bring the stuff back inside. Almost 300.00 the first day. Not bad when I let people talk me down right and left and we were as agreeable as possible.

Got to see Step and Meggie and her mom. :) That was nice. Meggie is growing up much much too fast and her Auntie Hound told her she needs to STOP IT. lol Lil doll baby. :)

For there being a "no kid" rule............I sure did manage to see each and every one of my grandkids. Yup, that sure didn't work. Yesterday was Aubrey, Oliver, Kayla and Darrin. Today was Aubrey, Darrin, Alex, and Evan.

Today was a bust pretty much. But hey, it's sunday........and people are probably doing bbq's and such. We did do some sales but not very many. We closed early........after the kids went shopping at their own sale for things each other could use. I think Katie went home with quite a lot. lol As did easy child and Nichole.

Then we boxed/bagged what was left (a considerable amount of nice things) and I posted on all the yard sale sites ect I belong to that it is at the curb and FREE.........all that is required is to be neat in going through it and getting what you'd like to have.

We had one young struggling couple show up almost immediately with their toddler daughter. Looked like difficult children, the both of them, but exceptionally polite and well mannered with lots of thank yous..........the young man willing to help up finishing cleaning up to "pay" for what they'd carefully chosen (they did not make a bit of mess) and we turned him down.......playing with his sweet baby girl was enough. I've had quite a large number of people stop at the curb (there is also a sign) who have been very neat as well.

I sure as heck don't want it back in my house. And if I can manage to help someone else out who needs / wants it.........then that is great. Lots of nice stuff in there too, especially the clothes. easy child also took home with her a large pile of Aubrey's old clothes for her neighbor's little girl who is a bit younger than Aubrey. There are 3 families attempting to survive in a very tiny house, all the adults work, but 2 of the very young kids have serious medical issues and money is always short. The little girl will look adorable in Aubrey's clothes.

Katie got sunburned. easy child got sunburned. Nichole and I just got darker........lol

Seems I got majorly flirted with yesterday by a really nice country gentleman.........mind you I look like total crud.....hair thrown up, baggy sweats, old tee shirt.........evidently he was bending over backward trying to impress me and get me to go to a bluegrass festival with him. I thought him funny and fun to talk to.........but I guess I missed all that other part. (much to the frustration of my girls and much laughter at me once he'd left) omg Well, in my defense it never occurred to me I'd get flirted with when I look my worst........and I hadn't slept in 2 days due to kidney issues and the whole yard sale thing.

Oh, well. I don't care much for bluegrass anyway. :rofl:

BusynMember

Oh, Lisa! I *LOVE* yard sales!!!! I wish I could have jumped in my van and driven waaaaaaaaaaaaay over to yours and seen it! I'm glad it was a big success! Almost nothing is more mindless fun to me than going to yard sales and buying things I like but absolutely don't need and sometimes I get a great deal on something I actually need too!!! :)

Were your dogs there, enjoying all the visitors? Even if a yard sale looks boring, if a dog is the greeter, I will get out and go there just to pet and fuss over the dog...lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Dogs were there but not out to greet people. I'd have liked to have had them do that but with kids there that weren't supposed to be there it complicated things too much.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It was a lot of fun. I got a few things for Meggie! We didn't stay a real long time but it was worth the drive to see my friends and meet Katie. :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I forgot to add that Darrin was selling lemonade, chocolate chip cookies, and brownies at his own little table. He did quite well, even though the bulk of his sales went to family and he ate quite a bit of his own profits. :rofl:

It was a beautiful 2 days. Couldn't ask for better weather. Today I woke up to rain. How's that for timing? LOL (it always rains on memorial day weekend around here)

Step, I'm sorry you didn't find much.........We started having early birds show up at 7:30 am. Stuff went fast. easy child's husband was supposed to go to the bank and get change for us............we had so many sales prior to 9 am that it wasn't necessary. I've always had early birds, but never that many before or that early. sheesh

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh! Good Luck TM! I hope the weather is beautiful for you! :)

I've had quite a lot come pick up what I left for free at the curb. Seems this morning there is someone else going through it. I hope they just load it all up and take the rest.

I seem to have started a trend on the yard sale sites. I noticed once several people had finished theirs, they also set what didn't sell at the curb and told people they were more than welcome to it. Evidently I'm not the only one who doesn't want to bring it back inside. LOL