Yea! Christmas break is almost over...

ksm

School starts tomorrow!! I am much happier than my kids about this! Two weeks is just too long to deal with two teen girls. Now if they can wake up and be ready by 7:30. They are too used to sleeping in.

KSM

ksm

Ahh... Heck no! The youngest feels sick and has thrown up, and the oldest has a sore throat. No day at home, alone, just me... And all my to do list.

I think J, with sore throat, will go to school. A, tummy ache, staying home. I JINXED myself!!!! ARGHHHHH!!!! KSM

ksm

Ok, J came home from school, we went to walk in clinic, waiting for medications... A (younger sister) went to school before lunch hour...

Tomorrow we have a "wraparound" meeting for J. With getting a SED waiver, we now have these case management meetings every three months. She is not happy... Hates meetings... Will be upset that people are talking about "how to help her". Psychologist has suggested DBT therapy. She is not sure when a new class starts. Also has a new IQ test scheduled for end of month, it has been 4 years since her first one, and they want to see what her IQ is now, and especially her processing speed and working memory. I truly think she struggles with remembering SO many things. And what I use to think was temper tantrums was her anger coming out at me... Is maybe just her frustrations at trying to cope with what mosts kids do easily...I think she would rather come across as an angry teen, than a scared, frustrated one. KSM

New Leaf

This all sounds so taxing on you, KSM, you are strong, and doing a fabulous job. I hope you have some "me" time, very important. I can imagine J's frustration, kids just want to "fit" in. At least you are getting help and answers for her. I hope you will find help with the 5O4 issue. I have to tell you, I am exhausted, just reading all of this. God bless you, and the tireless efforts on your part, to find help for your girl. You are a true champion, in my book! {{{HUGS}}} leafy

ksm

Ugghhh. Another meltdown. Since she was home from about 11am on, after the walk in clinic, she complained about her tooth/jaw pain. Had 6 month check up last week. Her teeth are fine, but they said maybe the pain is from wisdom teeth starting to push up. Today she said she wanted to get wisdom teeth out. So, I spent time calling our dentist, time calling our insurance, time calling the oral surgeon, time calling our dentist back and scheduling a pano vision X-ray of her mouth on Jan 18. Now we have to see if any are impacted before insurance will cover. So I tell her that she will get this X-ray on the 18th, on a day we have no school (M L King day) and she gets mad and says I hate appointments! And runs out of room!

This morning, the doctor said she should gargle with warm salt water, but she refuses and said she hates doing that. She did take the antibiotic, but won't use the nasal spray the doctor ordered, because she hates nasal spray.

She is complaining about a 15 minute X-ray appointment, while I spent an hour on the phone trying to get things lined up. She hates having appts that interferes with the school day. She hates appts on days she doesn't have to go to school. She hates anything I mention. It feels like she hates me. KSM

ksm

Beside all the time I spent at the walk in clinic, checking on wisdom teeth removal, getting her prescriptions, I also called the fetal alcohol clinic we saw last month with a question, left message, called the school counselor and asked about 504 plan, was given another person to contact, called and left a message, called the mental health facility where we have the wrap around appointment tomorrow and got a fax number, called the psychologist and asked her to fax the psychiatric evaluation to the mental health facility, called the person in charge do the wrap around meeting with questions, left message, she never called back, called the case worker that meets with dtr weekly and checked on time and place for today's meeting, texted the parent support worker and had to reschedule our morning appointment to right before wrap around mtg, got the paper work in the mail and now need to take to the school to verify she is a full time student so her ss benefits continue to the end of school year, plus that is the form I need to fill out and let SS know that mental health officials consider her partially disabled, so need to start that application process. Oh, and called the psychologist back to get a copy of evaluation sent to me, also. So when Difficult Child complained about having to get X-rays taken at the dentist, my blood pressure sky rocketed.

I have a feeling that the case management group might get to know Difficult Child better at the meeting tomorrow. She is refusing to take the Depakote and is edgy and argumentative. Plus she doesn't feel well because of sinus infection and sore throat.

KSM

New Leaf

KSM, this is a full time job for you. You are doing remarkably well, and are tackling one thing after another. Hopefully, one day, J will look back, and understand everything you have done for her, until then, we know here, how much you are doing, to set her up for her future. You continue to amaze me with your strength, and stamina. Keep up the good fight, and keep your chin up. My heart goes out to you, dear. {{{HUGS}}} leafy

InsaneCdn

She hates having appts that interferes with the school day. She hates appts on days she doesn't have to go to school. She hates anything I mention. It feels like she hates me
If she's anything like my kid... she maybe just hates the fact that life doesn't go smoothly for her... why does SHE have to have so many appointments and other things filling up her schedule? Yes, they need it... but teenagers just want to be "normal", and "appointments" don't really fit into that. At least that's where some of my kid's anger comes from.