Yeesh! difficult child suspended from work. Again.

trinityroyal

My difficult child is an idiot!

This morning, husband got a call from difficult child: "Dad, I'm sick. I'm not feeling well and want to go home from work."

Okay, fine. difficult child is taking a sick day. So, after work this evening, husband went over to visit him to make sure he's okay. Turns out that he's not sick at all, but he has been suspended from work again. This time for a week. And he's been banned from attending the company picnic next Saturday, since it falls within the week of his suspension.

His infraction? Apparently, this morning he walked up to the staff entrance and kicked the door open, not in anger or anything, but because he was being boisterous and showing off. Major breach of the health and safety code -- the way the doors are configured, he could have injured someone. Not to mention, the Size 13 steel toed work boot attached to difficult child's 36" inseam leg could have connected with someone's head, or chest, or hand, or something.

I have a feeling difficult child's off his medications again. Sigh...

(Starbie, darling, you were right. difficult child will never really grow up. And it's so wonderful to "see" you. I've missed you.)

scent of cedar

He must be doing something right Trinity, if he was only suspended. This might turn out to be a good thing. difficult child is very lucky that he has a job to go back to.

I'm holding good thoughts for him.

Barbara

trinityroyal

He must be doing something right Trinity, if he was only suspended.

difficult child has a job in a supported work environment for people with developmental delays and mental illnesses. It's a wonderful program, but they give the workers a lot more leeway for fouling up than most employers do. I'm so thankful for that -- in a traditional work setting, he would have been fired the first afternoon. (I'm joking, but not really).

Thank you for the kind thoughts Barbara. difficult child's in a strange place right now. He's doing well, learning job skills that he might be able to use out in the "real world" one of these days. Just as I'm typing that, it occurs to me that maybe that's the issue. Maybe he's afraid of having to face the real world...