yep.......another 80 degrees in the big D

Steely

Seriously.......I never realized how freaking weird Dallas is, until difficult child moved to ID where he is in 8 feet of snow.
:frostbite:

He actually LOVES it.
"It rains or snows every day here mom, it is great!"
OK, I think.
I asked him if he went out and played in the snow, and he says
"No, I don't usually because then I get really cold and wet."
Then I realized, duh - (having no past knowledge of living in these conditions) this kid needs a real coat, snow pants, and snow boots.
I sent him some, and now he is in weather heaven, and actually getting out in the elements and snow shoeing.

It is all so foreign to me as I sit here in another record breaking 80 some odd degrees here, and am refraining from turning on my AC.
:hot:
Now I finally get what all of you are talking about with REAL weather.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I enjoyed Dallas but I don't miss the eternal summer weather.
Not that eternal winter weather is any more fun.
Proper clothing is essential. Smart idea to send the appropriate wardrobe. Land's End has good stuff and reasonable prices.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
S- We are having, so they say, record highs here as well. It has been in the 80's as well. I am sun burnt!!!
It is weird... My neighbors in Idaho keep sending me pictures of our house and the snow!!!
My friends up in Idaho keep letting us know how much snow is up there!!! They are breaking every record. We broke records last year.

Andy

I would gladly send you some of our cold air. We have warmed up to 9 degrees F with wind chill of -10 deg F. Tomorrow's forecast is high -4 degrees and low -7 degrees.

It is so so good to hear that your difficult child is enjoying his activities. How has he been doing overall?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We're having weird weather. One day it's frigid. The next it can be in the 50's or 60's. One day it's snowing, the next raining.

Personally, I just wish it would make up it's mind. It's driving me crazy. (although it's nice to turn off the furnace on those warmer days)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I would gladly take 80 degree weather year round. It would be like my heaven on Earth! It's cold here, but not quite frigid until the winds pick up, then YOW.

trinityroyal

I could use a few warm days myself.
We've had a cold snap lately and today it has warmed up to -3. (Yay! I get to wear my lightweight parka instead of the super-heavy one.)

I think that constant summer would be strange, though. I once spent Christmas in the Caribbean visiting family. It just felt weird.

I'm glad to hear that M is enjoying the snow. Proper winter gear is essential. If you don't get wet, you're less likely to get cold.

Trinity

F

flutterbee

I think Andy lives in the arctic. :frozen:

We've had snow once - 3 inches. We've had a couple of dustings. And we've had some ice. It was 42 today. It's been a pathetic winter so far.

Abbey

Spork Queen
We are having the coldest, snowiest winter in recorded history. I think they go to 1880. Lovely. I chose a great time to come up here. Yesterday was an 'ice storm.' Ice everywhere, about 1/2 inch thick. I made it through the entire day then take a great fall while walking a crock pot of chilii to inlaws last night. Crock pot did not survive nor did the chili.

I'm in this strange band of weather where 20 miles North or South of me is not affected, but I'm getting the brunt of it. I am CONSTANTLY cold. H came into my room tonight and was like...Jesus!! (can't write the other words) It's flipping freezing in here! Uhhhh...yeah. 46 degrees? I'd say that's freezing. Old house, not good on insulation. I'm working on it, bit could you have given me a year that was not record for cold???

Yeck.

Abbey

Steely

Awwww........Abbey. That sounds in the same exact pocket were difficult child is. It is like getting loops from Canada. I can't believe how cold your house is!!!! I would never want to get out from under the covers.

If it makes you feel better it is raining and 32 today. Yep. Now for the Dallas ice. Always so fun.
Our weather has a mood disorder. Rapid cycling bi-polar I believe.:sick: Tomorrow it will be 65 again. And then this weekend 80. You definitely need a closet full of all season clothing.

Abbey

Spork Queen
AcK! Flooding! That is a mess to deal with. There is a warning here for that as the storm drains are frozen over so melting snow can't drain. Hmmm...it's like 5 degrees out. I don't think there is going to be a whole lot of draining going on.

Abbey

F

flutterbee

Everyone around here is required to keep their storm drains open that are near their house. Of course, when you have feet of snow rather than inches and the plows make it even higher, I don't know what you can do.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ha. My storms drains...wherever they are, are probably a good 5 ft. down in snow and ice. I'd spend hours just trying to find them and probably have a heart attack along the way. I think I'll just stay inside. ;)

Abbey