Yep! Boxer is now on anxiety medications...

DDD

Good Grief! Ace has had "issues" since we adopted him. Finally I called the Vet. He is diagnosed as having Separation Anxiety and takes a pill once a day AND we are to implement behavior modification.

Finally difficult child graduates from high school and what do I do...I adopt a difficult child dog! ;) I must be destined to raise problem offspring. His medication is Reconcile. It's enough to make me refill my Ativan! :surprise: DDD

flutterby

Fly away!
Reconcile is prozac. Literally. You might be able to get it cheaper with a prescription cause you can get the generic.

I seem to attract difficult child animals, too. Lord knows I don't go looking for them, but I seem to end up with them anyway.

susiestar

Roll With It
Prozac is available at WalMart for $4 per month or $10 for 3 months. They will fill prescriptions for pets. It won't be doggy chewables, but for the cost savings it might be worth it to get the generic equivalent.

I hope your doggy gets better soon! Prozac did wonders for our old cat when she went into agoraphobia stage and wouldn't come out from under a bed if anyone was awake.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope the medication works for him. And at the cost of pet medications, I think I'd take the others advice.

Hugs

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I think my sweet Chloe could benefit from *something.* Poor honey is afraid of so many things. I'll be very interested to hear how Ace does on this. Please keep us posted.

Suz

skeeter

well, it's cheaper than pulling up all the carpeting and putting laminate down.....

.....which is what we had to do last year when we figured out our newly adopted boxer mix had separation anxiety and it manifests itself in explosive diarrhea!!!!

Mattsmom277

I definitly say go for the prozac $4 walmart option!! Doggie medications are so expensive. I hope that his anxiety is helped though!!!! On another note, I wish Canadian walmart had the $4 prescription plan!!! Boy would that be lovely!!! I had 7 scripts filled yesterday. Total was over $800 for 3 weeks of medications. YIKES!
Back to topic, hope your pooch is chilling and relaxing on his new medications!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Doggie Downers or Puppy Uppers.....

Either way (snicker & point) YOU adopted a difficult child dog......ROFLMpuppies off.

oh sigh..........me too. :tongue:

Thanks for the chuckle D3

lovemysons

Well, just looking for upside in this...at least Ace won't develope secondary "issues" like becoming a drug addict/alcoholic doggy!

Tryin to find the positive.

by the way, My Hunter I think has some anxiety issues too. He also had "submissive wetting" problems as a pup. Caused by relationship between mom and pup, lol. We also had to do some behavior mod...had to tell anyone entering the house not to "greet" Hunter as that would stimulate the submissive wetting issue. He finally got over, ttl.
Anyway, I do understand having a difficult child dog. lol.

Tammy

DDD

Believe it or not..........we "think" we see improvement already. We are keeping Ace out on the back porch (water bowl, toy basket, pillow bed)
as far away as possible from possible blowing rain with Florida stormy afternoons. That means no more panic about what part of the house may be destroyed. husband (Bless his pea picking heart...drives me nuts, lol) decided to place a floor pillow in the corner of our bedroom for Ace so we all are sharing a room...dorm style! :tongue:

I'll keep you guys posted. Also, when easy child/difficult child comes in "tipsy" he wants Ace to come "watch television in his room" (Heaven help me!! LOL) and Ace wants
to just stay in our room. Now we have sibling rivalry issues. Bummer DDD

witzend

Doggie Downers or Puppy Uppers.....

It's a desert topping, AND a floor polish!

LOL!

It's definitely worth it if you can get the vet to prescribe the human equivalent to the Walmart. Stuff it in a hotdog, and call it good!