Yes, it is Friday the 13th....

everywoman

And how was my day, you ask.
difficult child had an appointment. at a clinic an hour away to have some major dental work done.
We get there---at 7:30 this morning.
At 9:30 they tell us they can't do it there. (This was set up on Monday!):biting:
We have to go to larger clinic which in 1 1/2 hours away from first clinic---also 1 1/2 hours from home---different direction!!!
They say they can see him next Thursday. I get on the phone with other clinic and short of begging----they can see him today.
We drive there.
difficult child is dentist phobic===and what he had done is not for the faint of heart.
They put him asleep---do the procedure---2 hours later, they send him with me with instructions to come back for products in 2 hours.
What do I do with a weepy, drugged out difficult child for 2 hours in a strange city.
Between moans and groans, he wants to go to the mall. Okay they just wheeled you out in a wheelchair, your mouth is pouring blood and packed with gauze---and you want me to take you to the mall????
So I pacify him in an attempt to look for the mall all over town---I just didn't go anywhere in it's direction!
We get back there---his product is ready.
We are leaving and I see a familiar face----difficult child's childhood dentist---they one who asked us not bring him back because he couldn't work with him. He is one of husband's old high school friends. I call his name---out of shock---he comes back and speaks---Thank God difficult child was still dazed because he blames him for all of his dentist anxiety---even though pcdaughter loved him to death.

We get in the car. difficult child is happy with his new smile. He starts to cry because he hasn't been able to smile in such a long time. And the entire day---even the gfgness that followed on our ride home and the 2 hours since, has been worth it to see him smile!:D

So here I am, exhausted and $3500 dollars poorer--but it was worth it all if it helps his self esteem!

And how was your day?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so glad you day turned out well even though you're alot poorer.

Friday the 13th has always been my big lucky day. Seriously. Come to think about it I'll have to go out and by a lotto ticket. lol

Actually, in just a few I'll be going to see the movie The Happening with easy child and sister in law. I've been waiting to see it since I saw it previewed months ago.

Andy

What a wonderful end to a long long day. I am so glad you found the clinic to give difficult child his smile! I am also happy that difficult child did so well with and after the procedure. Sounds like he was focused on the end result and braved the awkwardness of the procedure. I hope he is healing without too much pain/awkwardness, etc.

Today has been a good day for us. I was able to get some extra hours in this afternoon at work. The only interesting thing is that difficult child thinks I tried to kill him on a bike ride (he swore a car would have hit him when I told him it was clear to cross a road!). So I guess you can say our day ended very well (no car/bike accident) also. I am healing from a fall on the bike - skinned up knee but much easier to deal with then dental work.

F

flutterbee

EW - I'm so glad difficult child was able to tolerate this procedure. Such a relief.

Lisa - Let me know how that movie is. I've seen the previews and it's the first movie I've wanted to see in a long time.

My Friday the 13th? Well, I'm not superstitious, but it hasn't been the best day. Not the worst either - good day as far as getting out of the house and difficult child and I enjoying ourselves, but.....

Had to take Baby Kitty, aka Holly, to the vet this morning. She was holding her left paw up. No injuries, no fever, but she has an autoimmune issue and her lip was swollen (that's usually how it manifests) and so they figure this is just part of her flare. She got a steroid injection. Fortunately didn't have too hard of a time coaxing her into the carrier. This is the one that is hard to handle (the one that took my fingernail off in one swoop) and we don't take her out of the carrier at the vet's...we take the carrier apart.

Went to take difficult child shopping at Kohl's for a bathing suit. We were meeting easy child's girlfriend, her sister and her mom there. I just happened to check before we left to make sure I had the Kohl's card because I knew that easy child had taken it with him when he went last week. Sure enough, no card. And easy child is in Georgia. I tried calling him to see if he put it somewhere else, but the line was busy. So, I called his dad at work and asked him to get ahold of easy child (via wife's cell) and have him call me. Yep, easy child has the card. ARGGGH!

So, I check my account balance online to make sure I can use my debit card. Nope. My account was overdrawn. easy child put gas in my car before he left and forgot to tell me. Since he paid at the pump it didn't show up in my pending and it hit last night. Threw me over by $4.32 and then of course the bank charges for paying the things after that - at $37.50 a pop times 3. ARGGGGHHH!!!

Get to the bank to put some money in. Get to Kohl's and difficult child can't find a single bathing suit she likes. So, no suit.

And we had a thunderstorm that was bad enough to make ME nervous (I love storms) and we're supposed to get worse tonight - hail, winds up to 50mph.

Oh, and my car isn't fixed. Was still making the noise so I had a friend look at it. Has a torn rubber boot on the part that makes the tire turn. So, that's going to need fixed. Taking it in Monday night.

But, at least I didn't trip in front of her guitar instructor this evening! :rofl:

So, I guess it wasn't too bad. ;)

Andy

Ummm ..... Wyntersgrace, I would NEVER consider your tripping in front of difficult child's guitar instructor a Friday the 13th thing. In fact, I would consider it a St Patrick's Day Good Luck charm. Well, some of us described how it COULD have been. That is probably why it didn't happen again today.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad they saw him today and that it was worth it all in the end!

My Friday the 13th was great because it was the last day of school!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
What an ordeal!!!

I am a dentist phobic person. I guess that is the first stage of admission. If you don't knock me out...I'm not coming in, even for a cleaning.

Kudos to difficult child.

Abbey

4sumrzn

You were scaring me there.....all the way to the end. I'm SO very happy that your day ended on a positive note & difficult child is happy with his smile ;) (sorry about the $$$ though, dental work is so expensive!)

everywoman

The money is really a non-issue. Last night before he went to sleep he texted me: Are you as happy as I am?? I would have paid a million if it will make him happy for just a moment. There have been so few happy moments in his life in the past few years. It's sad that being able to smile has held him back so much.