Yippee!! difficult child started back to regular school today!

B

butterflydreams

:woohoo:Well, difficult child got discharged from partial on Friday and today was his first day of going to regular school this school year! He has had an awful cold all weekend, so I wasn't sure what I would get this morning from him. He was awake at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep, by 6am he was dressed and wanted help with his hair. He couldn't sit still and couldn't wait to leave. I have NEVER seem him this excited about school - certainly not within the last year or so. I sure hope this is a sign of good times to come.

I told him to call me when he gets home from school. This has certainly been a long road coming, but as far as I can tell he is in such a different place than he has been for several years.

Christy:happyguy:

'Chelle

Hope your difficult child does well at school. I know when my difficult child got back to "regular" school after 3 years of different programs it seemed like such an accomplishment and a big step forward. We had a few small bumps in the road, but my difficult child is doing so much better. Good luck to your difficult child, hope he continues to look forward to going each day.

B

butterflydreams

Thanks for the bead rattling and best wishes!

I just talked to difficult child a few minutes ago, other than feeling awful from his cold, he had a good day. He says he has 1 page of homework.

I did receive 2 calls today from the school nurse with him in there not feeling well. I know he has an awful cold, but I told the nurse I felt that some of it was probably anxiety. I told her as long as he isn't running a fever he has to stay. I am going to pick up some different cold medicine tonight and see if that helps along with more throat lozenges.

Overall, I think it was a successful day. One day at a time!

Christy

klmno

I'm so happy for you! Please give difficult child many hugs from his board aunties- and if he doesn't know about us yet- then , just many hugs in general!!

F

flutterbee

Good news! I hope that it continues and that difficult child feels better soon.

Jena

Christy

I am so sorry i'm late to this. You must be so pleased. I think that's great the first day back was a real success, and he was a trooper even though not feeling well.

I hope there is continued success. :)

B

bran155

I, too am sorry I am late to this.

Congrats to the proud mom and the little scholar!!! :)

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

B

butterflydreams

Thanks everyone!

klmno, he does know about his board aunties! Both my kids know I come to a website for support and guidance, I am constantly saying "I read this..." or "someone said to try this..."

This last night was really tough, poor thing was having a lot of difficulty, he got really upset last night when it was bedtime because it hurt when he was breathing and he couldn't breath in deeply. He was crying and at first he said "oh no, it's going systemic" (fyi: his dad died almost 4 years ago after an infection that we didn't know he had went systemic) and then after I calmed him down and told him he had a cold not an infection then he was "I'm afraid to go to sleep that I might not wake up". I reassured him that he would be fine and told him he could lay in the recliner instead of on his bed if he wanted to. He was up several times during the night, but was sleeping fine this morning. He is so miserable, I did keep him home today - even though I cringe at letting him stay home, but with little sleep during the night and how miserable he is, I felt it was best.

Anyway, a 4-day weekend coming up by Monday, he should be back to normal and ready to take on the world! (I hope).

Christy