Yoo Hoo....Fran......

LittleDudesMom

:treadmill: By the time you read this you will have completed your first week of boot camp (not to mention chasing your sweet niece around the house for a week). So, how has it been this week?

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Well, it's not pretty but I survived. :bloodshot:Thanks for asking.:cheerleader:
It wasn't as bad as I thought. I wasn't the best but I wasn't the worst. I have aches in several places but I know they will get better. I definitely am not a fan of lunges. squats were making my quads scream the next day. I am not wild with the alarm at 4:15 AM but even that is temporary. I can survive anything for 15 more days. :coffee:That's the downside.

Over all I'm content that I survived with some dignity still intact. .

Friday was assessment day. We had to run/jog for a 1 1/4 miles. I didn't come in last but I came in behind the gal with the knee brace. ROFLMBO! You have to have a sense of humor.

I have some short term goals like running 3 miles by end of Oct. then a little more by Dec. I hope to be able to go to Rome in March and run as far as my older more seasoned legs can take me then enjoy springtime in Rome. How is that for steps of motivation? After that I hope to just resume a combination of cardio and muscle strengthening. I probably won't run much longer since it's not great for my body parts at this age. Writing this all in this post sort of puts my feet to the fire so I don't change my mind.

2 yr olds are not the easiest age. She has been delightful most of the time. I have enjoyed listening to her talk. She does a lot of repeating what she hears. I adore her but I could use a little less meltdown. It will be good to send her home to her mom. :capitulate: Kept me on my toes.

I figure next week will be a piece of cake. :warrior:I keep fighting this battle of not getting decrepit.

How are things with you?

Last edited:

LittleDudesMom

Fran,

so glad to hear you made it through the first week! Only three more to go!

Surviving with your dignity and sense of humor is the key!

I'm not sure this week will be a piece of cake, but at least you'll have an idea what to expect. Wow, running in Rome....sounds like a pretty motivational goal. I can just see you running among the ruins!

You want to run and I want to roller blade. I would love to blade down the street with the breeze blowing my hair!! That's on my dream list.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sharon, I lied. It was not easier.
Today was faster paced and tough. I'm not sure I'll make that goal to run any distance but I'll wait until the end of week 4 to test my stamina.

It's awful to have left my exercise routine go for so long and now I pay the price. Hopefully, I will regain most of what I lost but the consequences are brutal. My upper body strength is the worst as is my stamina.

My spirits were lagging today but I will continue to go and find a day when I don't feel like I'm not going to make it.

I hope you get to rollerblade. I have never tried. Thanks for checking in with me.

M

ML

Fran you are amazing and you rock!!! I just got the go ahead to begin from docs so I'll be a few weeks behind you. The view is looking good from behind by the way!!! HA... Go Franster!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Me. Every minute of those 60.
It's good. Hard but good. I may even continue twice a week after this month is over.
Those push ups are killers. I can barely do any. :embarrassed:I keep trying even with the sweat dripping off my nose.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I did it! I finished boot camp and did ok for a 54 yr old woman. Shaved almost 2 min from my run/walk and a few pounds. I can definitely feel my core working to hold me straighter when I walk.

I signed up for 12 days out of the 20 for next session since I am out of town for a week or two. I figure my upper body strength will continue to improve as well as my run/walk time. I plan to run the beach while camp is on one week hiatus and I am down in Texas.

It feels good to have survived. Now to the next small goal.

LittleDudesMom

Way to Go Fran!!!!!

I bet you look great - you have always looked good to me - but I bet you are toned and strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You ought to challenge difficult child to a arm wrestle!

That beach running should keep you going!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Fran,
Congratulations! Sounds like a lot of hard work but worth the effort! I'm in awe of your commitment!:)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks guys. In my mind, I am jumping high or squatting low but actually it's not quite so dramatic. LOL. It makes me laugh. Perception vs. reality.
I'm at the beach in Texas this week and hope to run/walk on the beach but it's hard to not just kick back.
I will keep trying to keep going as long as my body will go. I don't want to be stuck in a chair watching tv as my future. I'm not ready to give up on an active lifestyle.
Hopefully, I won't let this momentum go by and not continue it.
Thanks for the encouragement. Every journey starts with the first step. Just do it.

Fran,

Even though I'm getting here really late, I just want you to know I'm so proud of your accomplishments!!!:D Way To Go!!!

I'm with you - I want to lead an active healthy lifestyle for as long as possible! You're a great inspiration to get all of us moving!

by the way, how did the additional 12 days go?

Thinking of you and hoping today is a healthy one... SFR

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thank you for the words of support and encouragement. I have 2 more days to go until the end of this session. I even signed up for a 2 wk pre thanksgiving fat buster boot camp starting monday. No gradual increase from week to week. Just circuits and intervals every day. Intense evidently. After that I'm going to join a regular gym and not get up at 4:15AM. Especially since the temp when I got outside today was 34 degrees!!!!

I'm running longer than before which helps with boot camp. I am the all time worst push up person. It just doesn't seem to work.

I read an article where this women is 72 and she runs 3 to 4 miles a day and 5 1/2 on Saturday. So it can happen. I do think that even considering a half marathon was a pipe dream. I will be happy with a 5k (and finishing without wimping out) and hopefully up to 5 miles. I fear that bodies at this age aren't meant for so much jostling although my knees and leg strength are good.

Star*

call 911........call 911
GO FRAN
GO FRAN
GO FRAN

YOU ARE A ROCK!!!!!!

GO FRAN!!!!!

I MEAN YOUR BUTT LOOKS LIKE A ROCK!!!!!
WOOOO HOOOO

NICE BUTT!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO

SHAKE IT MOMMA!!!!!!

:tongue:

WHAT AN INSPIRATION!!!!!!! I GOT OUT AND WALKED A MILE LAST NIGHT BECAUSE OF YOU ---now my dog LOVES AUNTIE FRAN!!!!

Fran,

I'm just sooooooooooooo IMPRESSED!!! I can't imagine getting up at 4:15 a.m.!!! With determination as strong as yours, I know you'll do that 5K yet!!! Not only will you do a 5K without "wimping" out, but I honestly believe you're going to reach that goal of jogging for 5 miles!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I would love to meet the 72 year old woman who runs 5 1/2 miles on Saturdays!!! Way To Go!!!

I wish I lived closer to you - We could jog together!

Speaking of jogging, I'm headed outside now. It's a beautiful, sunny and surprisingly warm day for this time of year:D. SFR

Fran

Former desparate mom
Star and SFR, thanks for the cheers.
Star, glad your doggie is appreciating the fresh air.
SFR, it would be nice to do a little jog/run or even a boot camp with you. Some day maybe.
The weather has been gorgeous and makes boot camp under the stars nice and running in the sunshine pleasant.