Yoo Hoo! Terry J2

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Artiste ami! Ah, whatever.

I'm looking into a table easel that I can afford (under $100, if possible). Not only that I'd like it to be versatile; you know like a sketch box & an easel I can use for water color painting. (I have little room to spread out & paint; can't stand very long to boot.)

Not asking much I know - but you're the resident expert here.

Thanks.

TerryJ2

LOL!

Okay, let's see ...

You can try Ben Franklin, but you'll have to go in person. Their website is a pain in the :censored2: in my humble opinion.

Good luck!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
So which easel would you choose? I have a load of pictures of my bird sanctuary to work on for this coming winter.

I'm mostly sketching, drawing but I'm doing more & more watercolor. And I'm enjoying it more & more. I'm hoping to take up acrylics some time this winter (that along with piano lessons sometime next spring when things improve).

Having said that, I have limited ability to stand & a love for sketching & watercolors. I think I have it narrowed down.

My other thought was to invest in a plain tabletop easel & then a drawing/sketch board.

I know I can go wild - I'm really enjoying this art. husband is making requests for gifts for his family for Christmas.

I gave a piece to my GP (told her it was a su<k up piece so she'd always return my calls).

So any useful (or wisea$$ comments if you feel inclined), for me on this would be appreciated. Or if you have other suggestions that might be a better investment again I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for your patience Terry.

TerryJ2

The sketch board would be easy to carry around if you work in more than one spot in the house. But I'd prefer the tabletop easel with-the built-in tray. I tend to lose things ... :smile:
I'm wondering if the easel with-the support in front of the tray is more stable than the one that is completely connected to tray? I'm not good at figuring out 3D stability.
Gosh, I'm not much of a help here am I?
I've got a big, stand-up easel in my studio, plus, a drawing board. Sometimes I end up at the kitchen table anyway, just to be around the family so they don't accuse me of being a hermit. :smile:
Good luck!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Okay, Terry,

I'm assuming you mean that pretty black easel - the one all the best dressed artistes of the year will be carrying???? :rofl: