You did good.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
all you finger crossers, positive thinkers & prayer providers!

ktbug enters Residential Treatment Center (RTC) tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. It's been a very rough weekend even with the visit with family & such.

The bug is just angry as all heck. It may be a struggle to transport her tomorrow morning - it may not. We'll see.

Thank you all again for the good thoughts. You did good:bravo::bravo::warrior:

DDD

Who is in charge of the transport? I'm sure you are a bundle of mixed feelings. Fingers crossed that it goes well for you all. DDD

mstang67chic

Going Green
That's wonderful Linda! I hope transport and admission goes well.

I know you are having mixed feelings but you KNOW this is going to be a good thing for the BOTH of you. Keep telling yourself that and use this time for you.

Hugs for you both.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I'm so glad a bed opened up so quickly. I will be praying for a smooth time with transportation tomorrow. I'm sorry this weekend was tough but hope you were able to enjoy some of your time with your family. Hugs.

jannie

trying to survive....
Fingers crossed all goes well in the morning. Is this the same Residential Treatment Center (RTC) she was in a few years ago?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Transportation may be via ambulance if kt doesn't cooperate. Ughhhh:angrygirl::cutie_pie::angrygirl:

I'd like to think I can handle it ~ kt is known for her trying to jump out of cars at 60 plus m.p.h. Mental health case manager (I think for the first time in 6 years) is just not available tomorrow morning. Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staff may be able to assist.

The organization that runs the prior Residential Treatment Center (RTC) that the tweedles were in runs this one as well. By law they cannot have anyone over 13 years of age at the old Residential Treatment Center (RTC), so on to the next teen Residential Treatment Center (RTC). I wish they'd consider developmental age versus chronological age. The younger Residential Treatment Center (RTC) was close to admitting kt however there is a resident there that is 5 years of age & the difference of ages is too great. If the youngest resident was 8 kt would have been admitted there.

psychiatrist wanted kt at this facility because he's the resident psychiatrist at all of this foundations facilitys & knows kt well. He is the one who needs to do the medication changes & direct the treatment plan. Mostly it will be focused at the PTSD & grief counseling.

The admit will likely take 2 to 3 hours.

I planning on things going well tomorrow morning ~ I'm hanging on to the positive.

Thank you all.

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm glad they had a bed for her, as opposed to a few weeks from now.

Hoping it all goes well. You and kt will be in my thoughts.

B

butterflydreams

Hope things went well with transport. I am glad they were able to get her in. Please take some time for yourself. Hugs.

Christy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Put her in the back of the van closest to the drivers side window and have someone else sit by the door - lock it - and you drive...

We had to do the same thing once with Dude -and he did not like it. But I think it was more apprehension than anything else.

I'm sorry to see her go, but glad she's goign to get some help. Just think by the time she gets out her home will be brand new!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It took almost 4 hours but kt is in Residential Treatment Center (RTC). She complied with riding in the car with me ~ I didn't need assistance until we got to the facility.

Mental health CM who told me he couldn't be there was there - waiting in the parking lot with SW/therapist who will be kt's CM at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). kt tried to run, tried to sit & not move. Eventually we got her in the bldg & she relaxed & settled. Proceeded to show off her art supplies & her new blanket & body pillow. (Our self calming bag that we had been putting together for a couple of weeks.)

The paperwork & hx was intense; mental health CM stepped in when it became to emotional for me ~ thank goodness for CM. He's the best.

I got home to just in time to meet with contractor & a cabinet maker. Phew/whew that's done.

Thanks again for all the positive thoughts....it's been quite the morning but I got her there safely.

Now what??????

DDD

I am glad it went as well as it did. Surely you must anticipate having some adjustment issues for awhile but, on the other hand, you have every reason to feel proud of each step you have presented for your difficult child's potential growth. Sending hugs your way. DDD