You know it's time to sign off CD when you realize your dinner is ruined..lol

DDD

I can't believe I did that. Yep, I put some meat on low and came to the computer for "a few minutes".
Not! Burned to a crisp. I'm signing off now and starting something new for dinner. This time I'll pay attention. Geez. DDD

T

TeDo

I have done that. I put water on to boil for mac & cheese then come here to "check" while I wait for it to come to a boil. Half our later, water is evaporated and I smell a VERY hot pan. Good thing you realized. LOL

InsaneCdn

Hmmm... put your computer in the kitchen?
Or... it isn't just computer stuff - I can do the same thing with laundry. So, I carry a timer with me, set for how ever many minutes until the food needs to be checked (like 5 or 10 mins)... Otherwise... no telling how long before I burn the house down!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
IC it doesn't help with the computer in the kitchen, trust me. Mine is in the kitchen and I've done the same thing many times. lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I've done the same thing, too... Since Jett has no sense of smell and husband's doesn't work most of the time, they don't notice...

susiestar

Roll With It
LOL!!! At least you weren't watching scinemax while making garlic tea in your alltogethers in your momma's living room at 2 am. YOU didn't pass out, burn all the water away and turn a head of garlic into charcoal, resulting in a need to have every cloth article in the home, including furniture, drycleaned to get the stench of burnt garlic out of your clothes.

Nuff said. (no, it was NOT me)